DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

I hope Punk never comes back so we can keep adding to the list of "shit people just make up" about why Punk left. So far we had

Wouldn't be in WM30 main event

Didn't want to work with HHH

Jealous of Daniel Bryan

and now Six String Orchestra just completely made up a new one, "demanded to be the #1 guy". Keep it up everyone!

I hope Punk never comes back so we can keep adding to the list of "shit people just make up" about why Punk left. So far we had

Jealous of Daniel Bryan

and now Six String Orchestra just completely made up a new one, "demanded to be the #1 guy". Keep it up everyone!

Wanted to win the Royal Rumble

Worried that he will get Josh Matthew-ed by Batista

Still no ice cream bars

• Like 1

Jealous of Daniel Bryan

Still no ice cream bars

Being a superstar wrestler was cutting into his shifts at Waffle House.

• Like 1

Jealous of Daniel Bryan

Still no ice cream bars

Get Josh Matthew-ed by Batista?

What if Punk had come back in Chicago?

Oh wait, a few years too early.

After the show I watched last night, I'd say Punk leaving might end up being a good thing and I say that as a huge CM Punk fan. The show was action packed and unpredictable from start to finish. The young bucks all did a great job keeping the fans attention and keeping the CM Punk chants to a minimum. They furthered the Dainel Bryan - Authority storyline and planted seeds for his involvement in the Wrestlemania main.

Jealous of Daniel Bryan

Still no ice cream bars

Get Josh Matthew-ed by Batista?

I believe the rumor is that Batista is why Josh Matthews and Rue Debona are no longer together.

That's true.  I've heard that a few days before Starrcade they hadn't decided between Flair and Windham, who would've made even less sense.

In hindsight, Great Muta would have been a fantastic choice. Eddie Gilbert is my other thought, but that would be a quite a leap for a guy who was basically a curtain jerker during his last JCP/WCW run. 

Jealous of Daniel Bryan

Still no ice cream bars

Being a superstar wrestler was cutting into his shifts at Waffle House.

Batista spilled his diet soda. It is easier to make them up then actually find the real, dull reason.

Now I know that Bill Watts was brought in back in 1992 to take over for Frye in running WCW, but what if they'd brought him in back in 88-89 instead of Pizza Boy? 

That's an interesting one...my take on it...

There would be no 'committee' with 8 people (most of whom were on-air talent) on it.

Sting would still be pushed as the babyface of all babyfaces.

Paul Orndorff & Stan Hansen would have been hired sooner, and Terry Gordy & Ricky Steamboat would not have left after short spells.

Bam Bam Bigelow would have had a longer run, as a heel.

All 'inflated contract salaries' would cease to exist...it would have been performance driven.

Dusty might not have jumped to WWF, he and Watts always got along I thought.

Matsuda's group would never happen.

Varsity Club vs. Steiners would probably be more towards the top.

Great Muta would have probably had the same impact in 89.

Luger would probably not be a 4 time US Champ, and would leave for the WWF to feud with Hulk Hogan.

Now I know that Bill Watts was brought in back in 1992 to take over for Frye in running WCW, but what if they'd brought him in back in 88-89 instead of Pizza Boy? 

That's an interesting one...my take on it...

There would be no 'committee' with 8 people (most of whom were on-air talent) on it.

Sting would still be pushed as the babyface of all babyfaces.

Paul Orndorff & Stan Hansen would have been hired sooner, and Terry Gordy & Ricky Steamboat would not have left after short spells.

Bam Bam Bigelow would have had a longer run, as a heel.

All 'inflated contract salaries' would cease to exist...it would have been performance driven.

Dusty might not have jumped to WWF, he and Watts always got along I thought.

Matsuda's group would never happen.

Varsity Club vs. Steiners would probably be more towards the top.

Great Muta would have probably had the same impact in 89.

Luger would probably not be a 4 time US Champ, and would leave for the WWF to feud with Hulk Hogan.

Maybe all of that and NO Erik Watts?

If Punk doesn't show up either during the Mania main event or by the end of Raw the next night, I will accept the fact that he is indeed gone which is neither good nor bad for either party. It just is.

Until then, I'm convinced it's a work.