DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

Didn't Shane think Kane electrocuting him in the groin was a good idea? Case closed.

Meltzer has mentioned on a few occasions that Shane was all for it, yeah.

Gotta wonder how that conversation went.

What if Vince handn't been the Higher Power? Who else would have fit in the story?

Given that they dropped the angle as soon as they could, and seemed kinda embarrassed by it, Gorilla Monsoon.

Everything comes full circle and everyone once again recognizes the WWF President as the highest position of authority in the land. There's no "Higher power" than that. Its then explained that Gorilla just wanted to get one over on Vince before he died, given that they let Vince Snr hand the company to Vince Jnr with the condition if he missed one repayment the company would revert back to Gorilla and (I think) Skaaland. They did it thinking he'd fuck up and the company would be theirs.

external occipital protuberance games.

What if Hogan and Bischoff didnt go to TNA? No Seriously Iw asnt watching Impact around that time but for those of you who were what direction was TNA going in before 1/4/10 and the reboot of sorts that happened.

What if Hogan and Bischoff didnt go to TNA? No Seriously Iw asnt watching Impact around that time but for those of you who were what direction was TNA going in before 1/4/10 and the reboot of sorts that happened.

The few months before Hogan and Bischoff came in were well-regarded.  It was Russo being forced to write straight-forward angles that didn't move around too many pieces.

TNA would probably be more watchable if Russo had been left in place and Hogan/Bischoff never came in.

I wonder what they wouldve done with Desmond Wolfe if Bischoff-Hogan never came in and if Flair wouldve came in? I'd imagine Flair wouldve been strapped for cash and came in anyway but I dont know if they wouldve done Nate Boy AJ Styles or not.

Hogan should have been the Higher Power. Hulkamania was proven to be the strongest force in the land as per the amount of times it beat Macho Madness and even beating Warrior in the rematch. Imagine evil Hulkamania? Using the power for no good.

The biggest issue with the Higher Power was finding someone who could credibly have power over The Undertaker. Vince is probably one of the few who could put over that idea. if Jake had been sober, he could've worked. 

What if the WWF had brought in Raven to play the Higher Power? 

The biggest issue with the Higher Power was finding someone who could credibly have power over The Undertaker. Vince is probably one of the few who could put over that idea. if Jake had been sober, he could've worked. 

The only way and I mean only way that wouldve worked is if they they Booked Raven super duper strong in that angle and have him do nothing but cut promos for 6 months (of course teasing physical altercations throughout) until him and Austin finally met one on one in the ring.

The only way and I mean only way that wouldve worked is if they they Booked Raven super duper strong in that angle and have him do nothing but cut promos for 6 months (of course teasing physical altercations throughout) until him and Austin finally met one on one in the ring.

With Raven, you would ideally just have him cut promos and evade contact with ANYONE. Smart booking is that you have Raven as The Undertaker's puppet master and turn the Corporate Ministry into The Flock/Nest. I'm not sure how long Russo would let it drag out, but the eventual Austin/Raven match would be huge, as well as Taker's eventual face turn and beat down of Raven. 

Raven doesn't have to be booked to be physically strong, the Higher Power was supposed to be manipulative. 

With Raven, you would ideally just have him cut promos and evade contact with ANYONE. Smart booking is that you have Raven as The Undertaker's puppet master and turn the Corporate Ministry into The Flock/Nest. I'm not sure how long Russo would let it drag out, but the eventual Austin/Raven match would be huge, as well as Taker's eventual face turn and beat down of Raven. 

Raven doesn't have to be booked to be physically strong, the Higher Power was supposed to be manipulative. 

I agree with you, I shouldve elaborated Raven as the higher power coudlve of been money if he just cut promos and had his minions distracting Austin before the inevitable match-up. All the while bossing the Undetaker around demeaning him until Taker finally has enough and chokeslams Raven in the middle of the ring. Shit they couldve incorporated the two. 

I agree with you, I shouldve elaborated Raven as the higher power coudlve of been money if he just cut promos and had his minions distracting Austin before the inevitable match-up. All the while bossing the Undetaker around demeaning him until Taker finally has enough and chokeslams Raven in the middle of the ring. Shit they couldve incorporated the two. 

I think Austin's victory over Raven is the catalyst that leads to Taker's turn. Austin beating Raven exposes him as not being all-powerful and gives Taker reason to defect. Here's how I'd book it (keeping in mind Russo's booking):

May 1999: Raven is revealed as the Higher Power

KOTR 1999: Taker defeats Austin to retain the WWF Championship after Raven has the Corporate Ministry run in

Fully Loaded 1999: Austin wins the championship in a cage match (HIAC?) of some sort, which neutralizes Raven's influence. A still-face Vince McMahon books Austin/Raven at SummerSlam.

SummerSlam 1999: Austin defeats Raven to retain the WWF Championship. The next night, Taker attacks Raven but the Ministry sides with Raven. Big Show joins forces with Taker, but Taker's injury forces them to write off Taker so Raven has the Ministry "dispose" of Taker. Raven gets his heat back and probably fiddles around the IC Title scene since the WWF was gung-ho about pushing Triple H as the lead heel at this point.

Later: Taker returns in May and resumes his feud with Raven. Raven is later revealed as the man who masterminded the running down of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

---

Russo's tendency to hot shot would've led to Austin/Raven at SummerSlam, which would've led to Raven's heat being deflated and him having lackluster 1999 into mid-2000. A feud with Taker form Judgment Day - SummerSlam would've prepared him well for Austin's return and eventually getting some heat back. It would've fun to watch play out. 

• Like 1

What if Vince handn't been the Higher Power? Who else would have fit in the story?

I was absolutely 100% convinced it was Ted Dibiase.  Revenge on Austin for throwing the Savio strap match that got him kicked out of WWF, and the guy who first brought Taker in.