DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

In an alternate universe, Bruiser Brody was cast as the bad guy in No Holds Barred which made the whole the movie/the match angle a lot better later in the year. We ended up getting a cage match with Savage and Brody against Hogan and Beefcake and I know some of us just would have loved to of seen Beefcake get destroyed in that run up by Brody. As an added bonus, Brody got Hansen to do a shot in the WWF at this time too with him so you had Brody and Hansen terrorizing Hogan.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Crazy thing is I could only take Bunkhouse Buck in his shitsmeared long Johns as seriously as some dude in leopard print skivvies. I mean at least it took balls to show up and wrestle in the latter. Bunkhouse Buck just came off as some drunk railroad worker whose sorry ass Colonel Parker hustled down to the ring to do his bidding.

Blasphemy

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 8:40 AM, CreativeControl said:

Well I'll be damned, didn't realise Watts was still around then. I wonder if he'd have had more of a career if his dad hadn't hot-shotted him

I think so, he was athletic and was a natural heel. But he never recovered from that first year. 

On 10/27/2017 at 5:47 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Blasphemy

To be fair, I think that was Buck's entire gimmick and he played it perfectly. Hell I like him better as Buck than as Jimmy Golden. 

On 10/27/2017 at 6:15 AM, Matt D said:

Please crosspost to Bobby Heenan memorial thread.

Not even a minute in and he's killed me twice w.r.t. Erik's Louisville jacket and Bunk punching out the cameraman.

Beating the proverbial dead horse but Example #56,128 why Bobby Heenan was the greatest

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

What if Vince had let Kid and Holly actually run with the tag belts in 95 instead of hot shotting them to The Gunns? If nothing else, the matches would've been a hell of a lot better.

Then, they get squashed by Owen and Yoko for the belts.

4 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Wasn't one of them supposed to turn heel after this? 

Hindsight demands Bob Holly, evil racing car driver. Have him run over Kid with his car on Superstars or something. 

That's probably not too far off from Holly's real life personality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What do you think the upshot on Ken Shamrock would have been if he stuck around for another four/five years in WWF instead of going back into MMA? There's so many natural and tailor made feuds that popped into my head that we missed out on - Benoit, Saturn, Angle, Tazz, Brock would have all been great matches - and he could have definitely been a top tier guy no doubt as he was hovering around there when he left

• Like 1

I think that he might have had title runs on top if he lasted until the brand splits.  Hell, in 2000 when all the bigger stars were out might have worked too.  I feel like he might have replaced one of the numerous "fuck it, just put the belt on Big Show" reigns.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 9:41 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Then, they get squashed by Owen and Yoko for the belts.

That wouldn't have been half bad. I've got a Yoko vs. 123 Kid on Colosseum video that told a pretty damn good story. Would've been fun. And I think they actually ran that match on a RAW once. IIRC, that was the first time I saw someone land on their feet from a monkey flip when Kid stuck the landing on Owen...

On 10/27/2017 at 2:30 PM, Brian Fowler said:

A long time ago, we used to be friends

This led me to Alex Wright vs. Buck.

There are no comments like Youtube comments.

• 1 year later...

Bringing the thread back from the dead, to wonder about this: Right after Montreal 97, every Hart foundation member except Owen is gone from the WWF, Shawn Michaels is World Champion, Steve Austin is top face and champion in waiting, et cetera. Shawn has a casket match with Taker at RR 98 and injures his back, drops the title to Austin at WM14 and then retires for a few years, starts a Wrestling school and the Brians (Danielson and Kendrick) both come out of there. 

BUT what if Shawn doesn't get hurt at the Royal Rumble? What if he's active on a full schedule throughout 98 and 99? Does he just feud with Triple H all year after Mania, or do they do the Owen feud? Will he lay down for anyone?

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Bringing the thread back from the dead, to wonder about this: Right after Montreal 97, every Hart foundation member except Owen is gone from the WWF, Shawn Michaels is World Champion, Steve Austin is top face and champion in waiting, et cetera. Shawn has a casket match with Taker at RR 98 and injures his back, drops the title to Austin at WM14 and then retires for a few years, starts a Wrestling school and the Brians (Danielson and Kendrick) both come out of there. 

BUT what if Shawn doesn't get hurt at the Royal Rumble? What if he's active on a full schedule throughout 98 and 99? Does he just feud with Triple H all year after Mania, or do they do the Owen feud? Will he lay down for anyone?

Dead from overdose.

10 hours ago, The Great ML said:

Dead from overdose.

That probably is the right answer. With Austin taking off, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince had fired him by the middle of '99, and he would've been a trainwreck headed towards death in WCW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1