DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

6 hours ago, evidence said:

What if in 2001, both Booker T and DDP decide to join the rest of the WCW main event guys and wait until their contracts expire? Who gets the WCW World Title? Would Vince even bother with an Invasion angle at that point? 

A far-fetched what if but what if the XFL is able to compete with the NFL or at least very successful? Does Vince turn all of his attention to that and let someone else run the WWF?

The XFL was never going to compete with the NFL. At best it would be like the AFL (arena) where it fits that spring/summer dead zone of football.

2 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

The XFL was never going to compete with the NFL. At best it would be like the AFL (arena) where it fits that spring/summer dead zone of football.

Wasn't that pretty much the intention, though?  I never felt like they were trying to replace the NFL, just fill in the gap during the off-season.

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

What if Shawn didn't lose his smile leading up to WM13? We'd get the WM12 rematch... but what about Austin? Or even The Undertaker? I doubt we'd even have had The Hart Foundation angle without that double turn.

I'm pretty sure the idea was still for Bret to go heel so we'd still get the Hart Foundation. I think we still get to Hart/Austin because there were only so many options at the top of the card.

15 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

I'm pretty sure the idea was still for Bret to go heel so we'd still get the Hart Foundation. I think we still get to Hart/Austin because there were only so many options at the top of the card.

If I recall, the end goal was Bret losing the title to Austin at WM14.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 9:54 AM, evidence said:

What if in 2001, both Booker T and DDP decide to join the rest of the WCW main event guys and wait until their contracts expire? Who gets the WCW World Title? Would Vince even bother with an Invasion angle at that point? 

For potential World Champions for the WCW InVasion (since it would likely happen anyway)- Lance Storm was a big name upper midcarder who seemed to be on the rise in 2000 (and likely in 2001), and he was the biggest name in the WCW 24 and the only one who you could say "Yeah, I could see him possibly getting a WCW World Title reign in the next 2 years if WCW had lived", so he would have been most likely to win the WCW Title for the InVasion. Likewise, if Vince was planning to bring ECW into the InVasion from the beginning, having Mike Awesome win the title would have been a "WTF?" move for WCW at the time- but would make perfect sense for him to lead the inVasion and debut "yes, Rhyno was the ECW World Champion when they died" to start that off and get at least one PPV match out of it.

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I thought Sid shitting himself was in a house show match, not at WrestleMania.

That's what I thought too. Could've sworn I read a recap of  shoot interview where someone said it was a house show. People just saw that it was vs. Undertaker and just ran with it that it was at WM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

That's what I thought too. Could've sworn I read a recap of  shoot interview where someone said it was a house show. People just saw that it was vs. Undertaker and just ran with it that it was at WM.

Can we still run with it? We need a second story out of 13, other than Bret/Austin. It's not a lie if we believe it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...