DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

I can't wrap my head around The Shockmaster as a gimmick that actually works.  Were they trying to redo Vader?  Ole couldn't keep doing promos, and if Fred was going to wear a mask in the ring he should have worn it under the helmet when debuting.

What if Vince Sr. never meets Vince Jr? It's a realistic what if that would change so much. 

At the time, the WWWF was supposed to pass onto Gorilla Monsoon once Vince Sr. retired. Monsoon had bought into the company and was fairly involved in day to day operations. What happens to the WWF after Vince's death?

Moreso, what happens to Vince McMahon? I can't imagine him just being some dude living in Eastern North Carolina. Does he go into wrestling anyway? He surely would've known who his father was and could've tried to cash in on his family name to get a gig with Jim Crockett. 

I think Monsoon was just like Vince in that he could see that the wrestling business was about to change and needed to change. Therefore I think a lot of the same changes that took place in 1983-84 still happen. Maybe not the buying out territories en masse, but the content would've changed.

What if David Crockett didn't put that piece of lumber at the bottom of what was supposed to be the Shockmaster's entrance, assuming he did to begin with and Dusty didn't lie about it? 

Also, what if WCW decided that Paul Roma wouldn't make a good fit with the Horsemen? Who takes his place?

Tully wasn't doing much of anything at that point. He was back at Slamboree 94 so it's not out of the realm of possibility that if need be, they could've gotten him beforehand as his failed drug test was 4 years prior to Roma being in the Horsemen. Failing that, maybe they have Anderson and Flair turn heel and join up with The Blondes? There really weren't too many possibilities that I can think of in WCW 1993 aside from maybe Regal or Orndorff.

Here's a link to the 1993 WCW roster, maybe there's someone I'm overlooking:

http://www.solie.org/wcw93.txt

Roma was the back up plan after they low balled Tully, same thing happened in 94 when they wanted him to lose to Terry Funk. They could have made Bobby Eaton a Horsemen, The Midnights nearly joined in 90 and Eaton teamed with Arn in 92. 

If Owen lived, i think Bret would have ended up back in the WWF by 2000. Bret had his fill of WCW before 98 was done. 

Roma was the back up plan after they low balled Tully, same thing happened in 94 when they wanted him to lose to Terry Funk. They could have made Bobby Eaton a Horsemen, The Midnights nearly joined in 90 and Eaton teamed with Arn in 92. 

If Owen lived, i think Bret would have ended up back in the WWF by 2000. Bret had his fill of WCW before 98 was done. 

I remember Eaton and Arn being managed by Michael Hayes at one point post-Dangerous Alliance. Eaton got turfed by Watts before Flair came back but Eaton and Hayes joining up with Flair and Anderson would've been an interesting Horsemen combo.

I have no clue. I just remember watching a Clash of the Champions match where Hayes was with them and the announcers kept saying he was taking over as their adviser since the DA broke up.

I remember Eaton and Arn being managed by Michael Hayes at one point post-Dangerous Alliance. Eaton got turfed by Watts before Flair came back but Eaton and Hayes joining up with Flair and Anderson would've been an interesting Horsemen combo.

Interesting yes, but Hayes in the Horsemen probably wouldn't have worked due to the fact that many saw him as a leader type from when he was in the Freebirds, and he probably wouldn't have been happy essentially playing second-fiddle to Flair and Arn. And as much as I love Eaton as a worker, the fact that he pretty much never talked at all makes me not see him fitting in with the Horsemen. 

Someone earlier mentioned the idea of Flair and Arn going heel and hooking up with the Blondes. That poses an interesting one as well, as the Blondes were super over at this point, but people around that time didn't want to boo Flair or Arn.

Didn't Heyman bring in Hayes as a "tag team advisor" prior to the Dangerous Alliance breaking up/petering out?

Damn Rick Rude back injury. Babyface Rude with Medusa going up against Heyman/Austin and whoever else Heyman threw at him would have been fantastic.

• Like 3

What if Bret Hart takes the WCW offer in 1996?  It's easy to say that WCW eventually screws it up but how does WWF rebound?  Do they just pull the double turn between Austin and HBK or do they try to force HBK remaining the lead babyface?  There's no USA vs Canada, Montreal, or Austin-McMahon.

There might still be Austin vs. McMahon. That feud really started in September in MSG when Vince told Austin he wasn't medically cleared to compete and Austin stunned him for his services. Sure, the Mr. McMahon character really got going due to Montreal, but I think Austin/McMahon could have happened anyway. Of course, if there's no Bret in post-1996 WWF, Austin might never break his neck and you'd have a trickier way of starting the big feud.

I think WWF ratings fall quicker and they really suffer from a perception problem in that WCW is now the big time and it probably prompts Vince to go the Attitude Era route faster than what actually happened.

What if the WWE Network had been around back when OVW was being used as the main developmental territory, or Deep South Wrestling or HWA?

The same problems would have happened then that are happening now with development talent. Because the network views can watch them when they make it to the big shows the writers are being to lazy to actual give them story lines and just expecting them to get over with the fans because the they were over in the development.

Forget 96, what if Bret had gone to WCW in 92?

He feuds with Rick Rude over the US title, moves on to face Barry Windham for the NWA title, partners with Sting (assuming they don't sign Davey Boy) in 1993 against the Masters Of Powerbomb, faces Vader a few times for the WCW title but comes up short.