DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

My biggest issue is that Orton carries the belts around with zero prestige and pride. He just slings them both over the same shoulder and goes about his business. It's the same problem I had with Ambrose shoving the belt down his pants and Rollins just tossing his like a sack of shit over the guard rail; if they don't care about holding the belts why should the fans?

To be fair, Stone Cold and the Rock never wore their belts either and pretty much just flung them in the ring. And I'm pretty sure Stone Cold talked about how he broke his once doing that. Hell, Cena flings the belt around and broke the spinner plate a couple times back when his version spun.

Can we all agree that the spinner belt never needs to see the light of day again?

I think the spinner belt is great. It might need to make a reappearance if Cena ever turns heel.

I have a morbid fascination with the idea of Gorilla Monsoon being the third man.

OH BOY BRAIN, THESE FANS CAN STICK IT! In fact they can use the irresistible force of my immovable object to stick it! THEY WENT TO THE WELL ONE TOO MANY TIMES JESS!

• Like 5

What's the worst possible way you could have booked the introduction of the NWO and the third man?

Maybe not the worst, perhaps bizzare. Warrior as the third man. WCW'S version of Warrior's music hits. Fans go nuts seeing who it is. Runs down to the ring. Shakes ropes. Big splash instead of leg drop. Warrior rambles about a New World Order in professional wrestling and some other incoherent nonsense. Yes, he has history with Hogan, Sting and Savage, but seriously, who the duck would see that coming?

I have a morbid fascination with the idea of Gorilla Monsoon being the third man.

OH BOY BRAIN, THESE FANS CAN STICK IT! In fact they can use the irresistible force of my immovable object to stick it! THEY WENT TO THE WELL ONE TOO MANY TIMES JESS!

YOU FANS LITERALLY HANGING FROM THE RAFTERS CAN STICK YOUR EXTERNAL OCCIPITAL PROTUBERANCE RIGHT IN MY BREAD BASKET AND DO A REAL PEARL HARBOUR JOB ON ME

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, there's something very heelish and "shoot-y" about "This guy doesn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch."

What's the worst possible way you could have booked the introduction of the NWO and the third man?

Maybe not the worst, perhaps bizzare. Warrior as the third man. WCW'S version of Warrior's music hits. Fans go nuts seeing who it is. Runs down to the ring. Shakes ropes. Big splash instead of leg drop. Warrior rambles about a New World Order in professional wrestling and some other incoherent nonsense. Yes, he has history with Hogan, Sting and Savage, but seriously, who the duck would see that coming?

That would have been AWESOME. Nine year old me would have lost it nearly as much as when Hogan turned.

And the Gorilla Monsoon/nWo stuff is nothing short of fantastic.

Okay, I couldn't resist. Now I Photoshopped Monsoon, Heenan, and Ventura as the alternate-universe nWo:

g0GTLzc.jpg

• Like 4

Okay, I couldn't resist. Now I Photoshopped Monsoon, Heenan, and Ventura as the alternate-universe nWo:

g0GTLzc.jpg

Those guys at least would know how to talk for just long enough (and not for half the show).

That's actually a pretty cool What If in itself.

If Jesse was still around commentating at the advent of the NWO - does he side with them? He'd seem like a perfect fit, especially with their need for a color guy when they took over Nitro. On the other hand, he hated Hogan and loves the conspiracy about new world orders and what not.

Was a pretty cool dynamic with Brain spending the first few months basically saying I told you so about Hogan. Does Ventura pre-warn WCW about this happening? Or does he sell out and side with them?

Unfortunately, given they could never deliver an in ring blowoff to Hogan/Ventura, it'd be a bit of a tease.