DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

If HBK is the 3rd man in the NWO then HHH most likely heads over when his contract runs out and now without DX to head up the Attitude era who knows what happens to WWE.

Austin and Rock still get way the hell over and carry the business just like they did?

Yeah I don't think DX carried the Attitude Era as much as current WWE video packages want us to think they did. 

• Like 4

But if Shawn leaves and Bret stays we don't have the Montreal Screwjob, which means no Mr. McMahon character.  I still think Austin gets over without that feud but I don't know if it's to the degree that he did.  You probably get Austin-Hart at WM 14 for the title which would have been fantastic.

McMahon chooses Rock as his corporate champion against Austin, and also aligns with Bret to form the McMahon-Hart Conglomerate but when a face Nation of Domination starts helping Austin, McMahon forges ties with the Undertaker as the McMahon-Hart Foundation of Dark Ministries? 

McMahon chooses Rock as his corporate champion against Austin, and also aligns with Bret to form the McMahon-Hart Conglomerate but when a face Nation of Domination starts helping Austin, McMahon forges ties with the Undertaker as the McMahon-Hart Foundation of Dark Ministries? 

BAD idea with the Nation turning face, they'd never be over around that time except for the Rock, and then they'd just turn on him.

I would have been fine with no Mr. McMahon character. Outside of Austin/McMahon, I've hated Vince being an on screen character and by 1999, he really jumped the shark.

Here's a scenario that warms my heart to think about. What if the WWE goes through with the on-screen Test/Stephanie wedding without HHH being involved, and perhaps HHH and Stephanie never start dating behind the scenes. Imagine a WWE today where we don't have HHH and Stephanie emasculating and making the roster look weak, latching onto things that are interesting and sucking the life from them.

BAD idea with the Nation turning face, they'd never be over around that time except for the Rock, and then they'd just turn on him.

This was mostly just ti make up a dumb stable name, but I do actually think that people ironically loved D-Lo enough at that point to make a face run mildly successful.

But I think that if HBK had gone to WCW he never would have slowed the drugs down, either. We would have lost him before 2000.

• Like 2

What if WWE cuts John Cena back in 2002, before he started rapping? He was pretty darn close to getting future endeavored there until he showed up to the Halloween Smackdown as Vanilla Ice. Do we have face Randy Orton in his place? Cannot see that working as well.

What if WWE cuts John Cena back in 2002, before he started rapping? He was pretty darn close to getting future endeavored there until he showed up to the Halloween Smackdown as Vanilla Ice. Do we have face Randy Orton in his place? Cannot see that working as well.

We get a massive Maven push.

• Like 1

I would have been fine with no Mr. McMahon character. Outside of Austin/McMahon, I've hated Vince being an on screen character and by 1999, he really jumped the shark.

Here's a scenario that warms my heart to think about. What if the WWE goes through with the on-screen Test/Stephanie wedding without HHH being involved, and perhaps HHH and Stephanie never start dating behind the scenes. Imagine a WWE today where we don't have HHH and Stephanie emasculating and making the roster look weak, latching onto things that are interesting and sucking the life from them.

I believe at the time of the wedding, Trips and Steph were dating for a while. He had stopped dating Chyna.

Nah - in the doco he says they weren't serious until months into her heel turn.

I've always wondered though - if Shawn or even Taker jump to WCW. What do you call them?

Shawn went by that name in the AWA, and it was before the whole rights to character/name/identities thing was really big. Could they have just called him Sean Michaels?

Taker a little bit more difficult, especially when at the time WCW were getting sued for Scott Hall using a toothpick as copyright infringement.