DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

Damn it.

Now I want to see Hogan vs. Cactus Jack.

God damn it.

I think it could have happened in TNA had Hogan originally signed with them back when Jarrett did the angle with him in Japan. Foley was *this* close to signing with TNA in 2005 before Vince convinced him to come back. Hogan and Foley would have had some bloody and absurd matches. I'm just picturing Hogan taking a thumbtack bump.

What if Mark Jindrak got the last spot in the original Evolution group over Batista?

What if Chris Masters had've been Orton's replacement, after he won the title and turned face, as originally planned?

What if Vince had've stood up to the TV guys and kept Muhammed Hassan around? I believe he was going to get a big World Title push by beating Batista in DC but they were forced to move him on after the 'terrorist' attack.

What if winning the World Title in WCW was enough to convince Benoit to stay at the last minute. Would the Radicalz have been as potent with just Eddy, Perry and Dean? Would Benoit hanging around to face Jarrett, Booker, Steiner etc have made WCW any more watchable?

I wonder what would've happened if Mick Foley had died in Hell in a Cell. By his own accounts, the chokeslam through the roof was the far more dangerous of the two bumps, and the chair was just inches from coming down right on Mick's head. A little variance, and I think Mick could've been gone.

What if Goldberg had legitimately feuded with Jericho in WCW? I mean, obviously Goldberg doesn't lose at any point, but would it have elevated Jericho or kept him from leaving for the WWF when he did? And if Jericho doesn't go to the WWF when he does and establish himself there, the Radicalz might be less inclined to leave because their success if less certain.

I wonder what would've happened if Mick Foley had died in Hell in a Cell. By his own accounts, the chokeslam through the roof was the far more dangerous of the two bumps, and the chair was just inches from coming down right on Mick's head. A little variance, and I think Mick could've been gone.

Antacular would need a bigger soapbox.

• Like 4

To answer my own question; At the very least, I think Owen Hart would be alive today, as I can't imagine Vince greenlighting anything like what killed Owen if Foley had died.

• Like 1

I think it's in Terry Funk's book, but it might be one of Foley's later ones, where the writer wishes they complained about the cell breaking wrong and a 2x4 being in the dumpster and nearly destroying Terry's kidney, because Owen's fall probably wouldn't have happened.

Hogan/Warrior 2 with Warrior turning heel might have actually sold Colosseum seats.

That ticket changeover was a pain in the fucking ass, you guys.

I still have the original letter they sent about that, somewhere.  Kind of cool piece of wrestling history, and it's all embossed and shit.