DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 36: Machida vs. Mousasi (2/15/2014) - Jaraguá do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil (Arena Jaraguá)

Elsalvajeloco

I was working, anything I need to watch or should I just forget this card happened and watch the NBA All Star weekend instead which featured a hideous Slam Dunk Contest again from what I heard?

So the purpose of Cormier talking shit about Cummins on Fox Sports 1 (shown last night) was what?   I mean if there is some "beef" between the two then maybe 5% of the MMA community know about it and/or care about it.   

Still think it is weird that in MMA they actually like to use terms like "heel" when describing people.  Thank god nobody is trying to call themselves a "babyface"  in MMA

I actually watched UFC 169 instead. Damn that Trujillo/Varner fight was great. Recorded this show and will watch it eventually. How was the Jacare fight?

I thought it was interesting. It was more like a couple of his longer fights in Strikeforce. I thought it was pretty clear (before and early on in the fight) Carmont wasn't going down easily. Jacare still has some improvements to make in terms of technique. Carmont is very good defensively as a striker and easily evaded some of the punches Jacare was pushing. Jacare made a couple good adjustments, but clearly should not take a fight with Machida. Jacare is an orthodox puncher who needs to get inside on people to hit them. His reach isn't that good. Machida would be a stylistic nightmare for him unless Jacare could land the best hooks of his career.

So the purpose of Cormier talking shit about Cummins on Fox Sports 1 (shown last night) was what?   I mean if there is some "beef" between the two then maybe 5% of the MMA community know about it and/or care about it.   

It reminded me of the stuff HBO used to do in the early to mid 90s. It was.....different. A little bizarre but different.

• Like 1

Honestly I want to see to Jacare get the next title shot.  I think he deserves it more and it would make for a more exciting fight.

Book Machida vs. Rockhold next.

At this rate though, I'd say there's a good chance of Weidman or Belfort getting injured, so someone might have to step up for that spot anyway.

Internet currently being flooded by the "Machida's fights are always excellent chess matches" guys.  That's my cue to bolt.  I'll do the totals tomorrow.

Chess isn't as boring as Machida's style.

Still think it is weird that in MMA they actually like to use terms like "heel" when describing people.  Thank god nobody is trying to call themselves a "babyface"  in MMA

'Heel' seems to have been a pretty common slang term in the past in America. It's used to describe a bad guy, a jerk.