DVDVR Message Board

Name The Big Men Better Than Mark Henry

In ruminating on the fact that Henry has the girth of a Fat Monster yet is actually a Muscle-Bound Monster I just realized that, were he ever willing to part with the hair, he would be the perfect guy to cast as the Kingpin in the eventual Daredevil reboot.

• Like 1

The people who gush over Mark Henry in 2013 are the same type of fan who gushed over Trent Acid and Ric Blade in 2001 - they are trying to go against the grain in my opinion and be into something that most don't like. They are the WORST. 

I'd love to see all the people who claim to love Henry go and watch (nevermind buy!) a 3 disc box set of him... not happening. 

The people who gush over Mark Henry in 2013 are the same type of fan who gushed over Trent Acid and Ric Blade in 2001 - they are trying to go against the grain in my opinion and be into something that most don't like. They are the WORST. I'd love to see all the people who claim to love Henry go and watch (nevermind buy!) a 3 disc box set of him... not happening.

You're adorable. Right down to the Bret av. Hoardack, right?

Sorry, but don't try to paint ME as having the "out there" opinion. I call it how I see it. 

Mark Henry: great look, became a decent talker from around 2010 onwards, but in the ring is a slow, plodding bore. 

Sorry, but don't try to paint ME as having the "out there" opinion. I call it how I see it. 

Mark Henry: great look, became a decent talker from around 2010 onwards, but in the ring is a slow, plodding bore. 

He's a big man. What, do you expect him to do hurracanranas & shit? He works extremely well within his style. If you don't like that style then fine, but that doesn't make him rubbish. And for the record, the DVDVR forum crush on Mark Henry has been on the go for 3 or 4 years now at the very least.

Nah, I'm painting you as "guy still trying to play internet troll, even though no one falls for it,

who's never had pussy."

Cause, c'mon. Really? Your feelings are SO STRONG that you just HAD to let people know that you don't dig Henry?

Try again. With a new act.

• Like 1

You really aren't good at this. The discussion is "Name The Big Men Better Than Mark Henry", not "I'm A Sad Kid Who Tries To Troll."  Seriously, don't be that guy. Your Mom loves you, and would say, "Son, don't."

I was about to make a scalding remark about how easy it is to find proof about how long we've loved Mark Henry here and how he syncs up with a lot of the various and diverse things our general community love, and then go on a great "use of negative space" explanation while Johnny sort of stood behind me waving his hands like he was doing a Superstar Billy Graham promo, but then I forgot that the entire archives are currently down so we have no history.

• Like 1

The people who gush over Mark Henry in 2013 are the same type of fan who gushed over Trent Acid and Ric Blade in 2001 - they are trying to go against the grain in my opinion and be into something that most don't like. They are the WORST. 

I'd love to see all the people who claim to love Henry go and watch (nevermind buy!) a 3 disc box set of him... not happening. 

-10 points for not working in "hivemind".  Also, lol at saying this board is the same type of fan that gushed over Trent Acid and Ric Blade.

Pardon me for coming into a discussion forum and talking within a subject about people better than Mark Henry. 

And yet, you still haven't discussed who is a better fat superheavy than Mark Henry.

In all honesty, stick around until March.  I think you'll really like the discussions then.

I would say that the love for Mark Henry started in the Michaels thread where we started to get shat upon other places online for thinking (as a board) that Mark Henry was better than Shawn Michaels. That was YEARS ago. And people always cite that discussion out of context; it's frustrating.

And while Bam Bam Bigelow doesn't owe my family any money like others here (the only possible explanation for their hate of The Beast From The East!), it has been explained multiple times in multiple threads how in the context of his style, psychology, efficiency, hurtiness, believability, and now promos that Mark Henry is one of the best in the work, consistently, over the past decade or so.