DVDVR Message Board

Who should be the first ECW original in the WWE Hall of Fame?

I was thinking Tommy Dreamer would go in first.  Paul E.... I mean, yeah he should be in the hall, but I knew about him way before I knew about ECW.  

Sabu, well, he should also be in the hall, but I don't see him going in before Tommy honestly simply because what happened about 5 miles from where I'm at currently during RVD's title run.  You know, when they got busted with all those drugs, including, if memory serves me correctly, over a pound of pot.  In their defense, that was probably just their driving around weed.  Local cops said Sabu had shit (pills, specifically) on him that they didn't even know what it was.   RVD lost the title, Sabu lost the job. 

*not to turn this into a shit tossing contest about which ecw original did the most heinous thing or whatever either, I just don't see Sabu going in before Tommy, whether he deserves it or not.  RVD, that's a different story.

Edited by misanthrope304

Sabu would be the one I would want to see in the most, because Sabu is the shit. I used to have him and The Undertaker in action figure form on my desk when I was management at Borders. People would make them fuck each other, it wasn't nice. In retrospect, I shouldn't have bought the Undertaker with his tongue out.

• Like 3

Ok... I'll be the one who's different.

I think Dreamer and Raven should go in together. Their feud DEFINED ECW at times. And besides, it would be great to see Raven try to DDT his old foe one last time at Wrestlemania in the induction ceremony, and for Tommy to finally get his by turning the tables, and ending it for once with Wile E Coy.. I mean Tommy Dreamer  winning  ;)

Foley, I guess.  I don't usually think of him as an original though since he really had his success in the WWF.  Other than him, probably Heyman or RVD.  Everyone else is laughable.  Sabu maybe, since he was revolutionary at one point.  Can't do Sandman, Dreamer, Lance.  I don't consider Jericho an original or Dean or Benoit (lol).  Credible is a hell no and Jerry Lynn is a no for me, same with Raven.  ECW hasn't aged well.

I had meant to post this in here and not the 2014 hall of fame thread:

I think Heyman and RVD will be the first two and will probably go in the next time Mania is relatively close to Philadelphia.  I wouldn't be surprised if any of Dreamer/Sabu/Sandman went in at the same time as more second/third tier entrants.

That would have been an awesome payoff to Sabu constantly pointing at the ceiling if Frankie flew down from the crows nest at the Hammerstein Ballroom, and then Sabu finally speaks.......by singing Piledriver.

Sabu spoke in WWE already.

Of the people you can argue hit their peak in ECW, (as opposed to your Foley/Austin/Heyman types who have had long careers in WWE/WCW, other than Heyman, I think RVD is the only one with a genuine shot to enter. I really don't think Vince or HHH see Dreamer/Sandman as Hall of Fame guys, and the notion that Sabu is getting anywhere near it is laughable.

Depending on whether you see her as an ECW "Original" I could see Lita getting in before all these guys.   WWE seems to have a female wrestler go in every year and with Trish in already, Lita was the next biggest Attitude era diva.

Nice dude. You called it!

I would say Paul heyman is a shoe-in once he semiretires.

Tommy dreamer is a good pick too since he seems to be in very good terms with the company.

Would love to see RVD and Sabu go in. If Abdullah the butcher got in, sabu has a shot... Just not anytime soon.