DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

So, Javy Baez annihilated another baseball last night:

EducatedVerifiableIaerismetalmark.gif

This one went about 450 feet into center field. That makes 5 for him in 38 at bats, tying him for the spring training lead. His bat speed and power are RIDICULOUS. I would really like to see Theo be a little flexible and bring him up out of spring training, but his defense is going to be suspect.

Still, if Javy Baez is starting for the Cubs, I'm more likely to buy some tickets this year.

Aroldis Chapman was hit in the face with a line drive tonight and taken off in an ambulance. The game was called after that. This sounds...well, terrifying.

I remember Bryce Florie was never the same. Fingers crossed for him. 

So, this seems like possibly the worst idea ever.

But after Rippa and I talked about this, we can kinda see the Mets running a prostitution ring from this.  They would get a helluva lot more money from this than selling Amway.

If the staples are on that part does that mean they have to peel down his skin just to get the plate into that part of his head?

If the staples are on that part does that mean they have to peel down his skin just to get the plate into that part of his head?

I'm 60% certain they had to peel his entire head down to his neck and then roll it back up.  Bear in mind I'm not a medical doctor.  Just a Ren and Stimpy fan.

The Os acquired Steve Lombardozzi from the Tigers for the non-retired Alex Gonzalez

Yeah, this after the Tigers said that Lombardozzi was a big part of the Fister trade haul AND in the same weekend the Tigers shit all over Scherzer for not agreeing to an extension makes me think it's going to be a weird season in Motown.

God, if this opens the door for a miracle Royals run, I am sure Rippa will be ecstatic.

Of the astonishing trio of Mark Reynolds, Lyle Overbay and Juan Francisco, the Brewers settled on the first two and are trying to dump the latter. What a first base platoon we've got.