DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

Sure, but when your evidence for it so blantly grasping at straws and absurd, then you make it pretty obvious that you just don't like the guy and are willing to say crazy things about him as a result.

Okay, one more time. Punk says "These twitter people, keyboard warriors, don't bother me because they don't have the balls to say anything to my face and if they did I would punch them in the throat!"

Are you still with me?

Then he goes on to say later in the podcast that Ryback "PURPOSELY" kicked him in the midsection and broke his ribs. His words, not mine. Did he go and punch Ryback out? That is what I call a fake tough guy and it's unnecessary. He could have just said Twitter doesn't bother him and left it at that but no.. he needed to tell us how tough he is.

He's obviously making a comment on the Twitter trolls, not his own toughness, dude. You know that.

I was dubious about the claims that the Big Guy was hurting him on purpose but that table spot is pretty damning.

The spot didn't look particularly bad or careless, the table probably should have been positioned parallel to them though.
You gotta be kidding....
Are you seeing something I'm not? Not being a dick but I've seen far more careless stuff than that. Its not like he missed the table completely or something.

It would be better if he completely missed the table, because then he could spread the impact across his back. As is, all the impact went to one spot on his hip ON THE CONCRETE.

I'm not trying to say that it was safe and executed perfectly or anything, but if that is supposed to be evidence of Ryback intentionally trying to hurt Punk that is pretty flimsy evidence. The table breaking means he hit with enough force to break it, thereby absorbing the majority of his momentum, missing completely would've been far worse.

I was dubious about the claims that the Big Guy was hurting him on purpose but that table spot is pretty damning.

The spot didn't look particularly bad or careless, the table probably should have been positioned parallel to them though.
You gotta be kidding....
Are you seeing something I'm not? Not being a dick but I've seen far more careless stuff than that. Its not like he missed the table completely or something.

It would be better if he completely missed the table, because then he could spread the impact across his back. As is, all the impact went to one spot on his hip ON THE CONCRETE.

I'm not trying to say that it was safe and executed perfectly or anything, but if that is supposed to be evidence of Ryback intentionally trying to hurt Punk that is pretty flimsy evidence. The table breaking means he hit with enough force to break it, thereby absorbing the majority of his momentum, missing completely would've been far worse.

I believe the "intentionally hurting Punk" thing wasn't that, but when he supposedly kicked him in the ribs and broke one.

The tables are precut. It doesn't take that much force to break it. Meanwhile, the table absorbed approximately fuck-all of his momentum. All it did was turn him to the side enough that he took most of that fall on one hip.

You gotta be kidding....Are you seeing something I'm not? Not being a dick but I've seen far more careless stuff than that. Its not like he missed the table completely or something.

You know that those tables are pre-cut, right?  barely grazing it at the velocity he was moving was going to break it.  In no way did it "absorb the majority of his momentum"

The tables are precut. It doesn't take that much force to break it. Meanwhile, the table absorbed approximately fuck-all of his momentum. All it did was turn him to the side enough that he took most of that fall on one hip.

First of all, the tables are not precut. And if they were, it certainly wouldn't have broken the way it did. Again, I'm not saying it was done correctly but its not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

MOST tables are indeed precut or gimmicked in some way, and the commentary table is gimmicked when someone is going to go through it. I have no idea about that particular table, but it sure looks as if Ryback didn't powerbomb him the right direction.

I am missing some logic here, CM Punk is a fake tough guy because he knows his limitations? I mean given what he's been through in the ring and his general aversion to pain meds, one could make an argument that this is enough to mark him out as a pretty tough guy. He's also a pretty solid BJJ student - he thinks he'd beat Batista who was thinking on some MMA, and whilst Batista may disagree he's cool with Punk. All in all, CM Punk is probably a pretty tough motherfucker. 

• Like 1

The fact that the table broke speaks to the fact that it broke his fall therefore the landing on the concrete had minimal impact.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Or are you just developmentally challenged?

No but I have been dropped on enough tables to know how that whole process works.

The fact that the table broke speaks to the fact that it broke his fall therefore the landing on the concrete had minimal impact.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Or are you just developmentally challenged?

No but I have been dropped on enough tables to know how that whole process works.

Maybe now you need to learn how physics works.

Thinking a random 13 year old twitterer needs his metaphorical mouth shutting, and actually fist fighting a guy the size of Ryback (with freshly broken ribs) are two completely different things.

I am missing some logic here, CM Punk is a fake tough guy because he knows his limitations? I mean given what he's been through in the ring and his general aversion to pain meds, one could make an argument that this is enough to mark him out as a pretty tough guy. He's also a pretty solid BJJ student - he thinks he'd beat Batista who was thinking on some MMA, and whilst Batista may disagree he's cool with Punk. All in all, CM Punk is probably a pretty tough motherfucker. 

Thinking a random 13 year old twitterer needs his metaphorical mouth shutting, and actually fist fighting a guy the size of Ryback (with freshly broken ribs) are two completely different things.

I'm the one guy though.

I mean given what he's been through in the ring

Which veteran professional wrestler hasn't suffered through some shit in the ring? But I don't see them all walking around like they would beat everyone's ass either. Someone calls him a quitter online and he's ready for a showdown but someone purposely kicks him in the ribs and he's not.. alright. Explain what was metaphorical about his statement or any time he has said he would kick someone's ass. I'm still waiting for him to beat Chris Brown's ass and that guy from that shitty band a couple weeks back.

I'm the one guy though.

Having gimmick posters agree with you isn't the best sign..

iTunes got so many requests to download it that it messed up the server it was hosted on, so they've had to deal with that since Wednesday night. That's why Colt has been telling people to check out the YouTube post.

That already has 330k+ hits, by the way.

This story broke through to the mainstream. Concussions and steroid testing are such buzzwords and Punk's already on the fringe of actual fame (as opposed to wrestling fame).

Having gimmick posters agree with you isn't the best sign..

Gimmick poster?

Yes indeed, most professional wrestlers are relatively tough guys - I'd say CM Punk's aversion to pain meds (I think he has taken them, but he certainly avoided them pre-WWE) and a couple of other things probably put him in the top 25% today. Other wrestlers today may hold their tongue, but talk major shit to some 70s worker and there's a good chance you getting your ass beat - What would Harley Race do? CM Punk is simply carrying on a noble tradition. How he's a fake tough guy I am not sure; if Chris Brown wants to challenge Punk in the ring/cage legit and Punk refuses then you may have a point, but otherwise you're being a bit silly. If you want to call him a blowhard then you're probably on to something.

How he's a fake tough guy I am not sure; if Chris Brown wants to challenge Punk in the ring/cage legit and Punk refuses then you may have a point, but otherwise you're being a bit silly. If you want to call him a blowhard then you're probably on to something.

I think you're reading too much into this. Punk often comes off as an unlikeable douchebag and this was another example of it. He says he's going to beat up twitter followers if they say something to his face but in the real world he has a guy purposely kicking him and he's not challenging that guy to a fight.. It's why a lot of people don't have a lot of sympathy for him through this whole ordeal. Not just that comment, a lot of things he said on the podcast.

Make no mistake, WWE didn't come off well here either. At all.