DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

Not at all, I'm just stating that the fake tough guy think is ludicrous - you know it is but you don't want to back down so you throw around comments about gimmick posters which you won't back up. Unlikeable douchebag......yeah, an argument can be made - clearly he has friends who like him despite this. Personally yeah, he comes across to me as a bit of a prick at times - but I can look past this for I am able to grasp the concept of the anti-hero, and am not scrambling for reasons to dismiss the content of that shoot interview podcast for whatever reasons people have.

Look, the point is that only me and one other guy actually like Punk, so all of you must just be one person. One English-American-Canadian radio-hosting shop-running Liverpool-supporting Leeds-supporting anti-soccer Labourite Libertarian gimmick poster guy.

Punk's fans ruin everything, especially half-assed generalizations about Punk's fans.

Look, the point is that only me and one other guy actually like Punk, so all of you must just be one person.

At least five people agreed with me on that one point and there are countless others who had several issues with how he came off in the interview so... what are you saying? Do you want to explain to us again how McMahon is in danger of being removed from power. That was a good laugh..

I don't think I'd every want to meet or talk to CM Punk even though I like watching him wrestle and talk.  But The worst damage Punk can do to anyone is whatever little bit of eye-socket wear-and-tear comes from not being able to stop your eyes from rolling while you hear his dumb words and ideas and self-image, which I imagine is measurable but minor.

So there's no way Punk wins a Douche-off between himself and "The Business of Pro Wrestling."

I like Punk even though he's a whiny, narcissistic, nonathletic, asshole. He was correct about being majorly mistreated by the WWE, you can argue he has some wrongheaded opinions and that he has some big personality flaws, it doesn't change the major takeaway from this whole issue. The WWE is still a dangerous company to work for and they haven't learned any lessons from past tragedies.  

I think sometimes people get caught up in the one person has to be right and one person has to be wrong type of thinking. I can see why HHH doesn't like Punk, the attitude and the snark and complaining about getting a great spot against Undertaker at Mania must be grating. At the same time, CM Punk was treated fairly badly as well and I can't blame him for walking out how he did if he was really that banged up.

Most fatty deposits are completely benign and are only treated because of the cosmetic appearance. MRSA looks absolutely nothing like it so that part was very confusing to me.

The thing that bothers me the most is that Punk's cascade of injuries coupled with the pressure (both from yourself and the office) to keep going is probably not that unusual and probably equals the normal load of pain all these guys are dealing with all the time. 

I would like it if Punk had made that part a bit more clear so that it came off less "look how badly they treated ME!!!" and more "Look how much this job is destroying probably everyone that you watch and like."

I mean, I knew his knees were hurt and his arm was a mess, but had no idea he was working through concussions, broken ribs, some kind of pelvis thing, and a fucking MRSA infection on top of all that.  I get the sense that when we hear someone is "banged up" and hear about one thing or another, that there's probably another five or six major issues that are going on at the same time.

I don't think people have trouble wrapping their mind around Ryback being stiff and negligent in the ring.  I remember our dear departed friend, Gonzalez, making numerous posts about Ryback being green and reckless with opponents on here in the past.

Punk saying Ryback may have injured him intentionally is new though, and the point of interest.

I don't think Punk really believes Ryback intentionally injured him, even though that's what he says.  I think he's just making the point that Ryback was really, really bad in the ring at that point in time, and making that point in kind of a dickish way. It's an Occam's Razor thing - it's more believable that Ryback was intentionally trying to injure Punk, than it is that he fucked things up that badly.  He was THAT bad.

Like if someone asked Punk "What do you think Ryback's motivation was for intentionally trying to hurt you?", he'd probably say "I have no idea, but he must have been trying to hurt me, because it's nearly impossible to fuck up that badly by accident."

Hope that makes sense.  I'm drinking.

• Like 1

I don't think people have trouble wrapping their mind around Ryback being stiff and negligent in the ring.  I remember our dear departed friend, Gonzalez, making numerous posts about Ryback being green and reckless with opponents on here in the past.

Punk saying Ryback may have injured him intentionally is new though, and the point of interest.

I don't think Punk really believes Ryback intentionally injured him, even though that's what he says.  I think he's just making the point that Ryback was really, really bad in the ring at that point in time, and making that point in kind of a dickish way. It's an Occam's Razor thing - it's more believable that Ryback was intentionally trying to injure Punk, than it is that he fucked things up that badly.  He was THAT bad.

Like if someone asked Punk "What do you think Ryback's motivation was for intentionally trying to hurt you?", he'd probably say "I have no idea, but he must have been trying to hurt me, because it's nearly impossible to fuck up that badly by accident."

Hope that makes sense.  I'm drinking.

Well, Randy Orton used to talk about that "accidently on purpose" thing where someone would hurt Randy in order to slide into his spot. Though in this case, when Ryback was working with Punk, it was in the main events, so that really wouldn't make sense here.

I don't feel like going back to quote it, but someone said something to the effect of, "What would Harley Race do?" a while back. If he thought someone intentionally tried to hurt him, he'd have gone after that guy, immediately.

I'm not even trying to relate that to 'is Punk legit tough or not', either.