DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

And AJ Lee got another title run within 3 weeks of her husband being fired. So there's a possible realty where they fire Punk with petty timing and then give his wife a push when she comes back from a honeymoon. We follow a weird world, Don't we?

Also, Punk was born in 1978. He's a Gen-Xer, not a Millenial. Not a lot of millenials are holding jobs for 9 years before leaving to pursue comic book writing endeavors. We just go directly to the creative kickstarter BS

• Like 2

He may have missed it by a few years but there's arguments and theories that generation started in the late 70's. He still encapsulates a ton of the stereotypical traits that people think of.

The AJ thing is weird, there was a time Vince would've made her completely miserable, jobbed her out, and buried her. Maybe he's mellowed some or something.

Vince suspending Punk for 2 months made Vince come off as either not realizing the depth of Punk's stance or coming off like he has short-term memory lapses or worse memory problems. The latter would be kinda tragic in like any situation of that sort. So people can make "Maybe Vince doesn't know AJ is married to CM Punk" jokes.

Also, my summary kinda morphed into an Internet note-taking on the whole matter. The whole drama of the mysterious growth was a weirdly interesting backstory (and the only way the WWE would come off worse is if that growth was a cancerous tumor or some shit). Punk being allowed to compete with MRSA is dangerous for so many reasons it's unreal.

The WWE is a bit of an absurd meat grinder too.

Also gonna think that if the mail is a bit late or early, then he doesn't get fired on his wedding day. He had his paranoid narcissistic moments with stuff like that and thinking Ryback hurt him intentionally.

It was a fedex, you can get those delivered pretty accurate especially if it's high priority. I can't believe he would think the big dumb guy hurt him on purpose instead of just being a big clumsy oaf but I guess that's in his personality to think everyone is against him. You can see some of that when he says that Triple H always looked at him sideways and that he felt Triple H disliked him from the start.

Another thing: Based on this, it looks like they probably make Cena come back early from his injuries/surgeries as well.

Well that sure was something. I honestly don't listen to many podcasts because there's just so many of them. I hadn't listened to Colt in a while so I figured I'd give this one a shot. Man we all know that the WWE is run ass backwards at times but how can their doctor be that incompetent to let someone have a giant ball of staph on their back keep wrestling.

How many Indy guys complain that they get staph because of the shitty rings they wrestle in that are never cleaned. You know how easy it is to spread staph. A few years ago my father almost died from a staph infection he got in a hosptial following a back surgery. He was on an IV for ten weeks to get it out of his system and these idiots were like "oh I can't touch that...ehh its fine".

If they did that to Punk I really fear for anyone else in the company with a nagging injury of some sort that they say "ehh its fine".

Sure, Punk comes off as whiny in it at time, but who doesn't when they are stuck in a job they hate? It's human. I do it all the time because I hate my job. And he seems justified more often than not in the story. He got hiumself out with a bunch of money and now he's happy. Good for him. It was a great listen.

WWE needs a independent doc. It is dangerous to have a doc more concerned about a wrestler not being able to compete than their actual health. Concussions and staph infections are the biggest health concern for wrestlers and yet it appears that they are not being treated correctly. Also wrestlers need to form a union ASAP.

WWE needs a independent doc. It is dangerous to have a doc more concerned about a wrestler not being able to compete than their actual health. Concussions and staph infections are the biggest health concern for wrestlers and yet it appears that they are not being treated correctly. Also wrestlers need to form a union ASAP.

This makes them no different than any other sports league.

Not to excuse them, of course.

I hope AJ really is gone from the company. Because if she's not, this probably made her life pretty misreble...

With the AJ Brooks stuff, she's clearly ready for life after WWE - whenever that day comes. HOWEVER, WWE will probably go out of their way to make at least one Brooks really happy to avoid the other one going after them too much.

For some reason, I really think AJ likes being in WWE. She may not be happy with things currently but I think she likes the fact that she's a WWE wrestler and I don't think she wants to give up her life long dream just because her husband is on the outs with them. She does have independent dreams and desires, she's not just an extension of her husband. 

She is only 27. If she retired now, what the hell else would she do? Someone has to pay for Punk's dream lifestyle.