DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

This was a great show. For those of you that love hearing about Japan, this is the show to listen to. Lots of Japan talk. From the Attitude Era to Japan to Florida Championship Wrestling, Gangrel has literally been there and done that. He is a wrestler who loves what he does and has so many experiences to share. Colt and Gangrel podcast it up, enjoy. - https://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2014/04/16/aow-195-gangrel/

Really enjoyed the Mason Ryan episode this week. Ryan came across as a thoroughly nice chap, and I'm always a sucker for a good selection of Orig Williams stories. I love the fact that the "Mason" in his name is a tribute to James Mason.

A friend/wrestler named James Mason, not the actor. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Colt did a good job sticking up for ROH and Dragon Gate. He pointed out, and rightfully so, that those organizations should be looked at as alternatives to the WWE product and not copycats.

As far as JR goes, his beef with the 10 punches to the head spot is peculiar. That spot has been used for the last 40 plus years, so why all the stink in the past 9 months?

What I dislike about Colt's podcast is that he gets stuck on boring topics. Who cares if Josh Mathews was able to text while calling a match? Who cares if JR doesn't get nervous when meeting important people? Yet Colt spent what seemed like five minutes talking about each point. I wanted to hear Colt remind JR about some of the advice he gave him while trying to land a spot with WWE. (Work on your upper chest.) I wanted to hear Colt talk with JR about his time in developmental and his few weeks in the WWE; ya know the stuff he has been griping about since the podcast started.

• Like 1

He might have avoided it because he tries so hard to not do edgy shoots on the show. It's a life podcast, a personnel journal...

He should have talked some shit though. With Punk gone he's probably never going to get another chance.

I think there were tech problems with Ross show so they uploaded a new vrrsion.

I checked his twitter on thursday or friday and there was no explanation. Didnt check again since i have enough of a pod back-up as it is.

JR essentially destroying Independent Wrestling in front of Colt in a more long form fashion than he normally does was kind of a surreal thing.

I do not completely disagree with JR on some of his gripes. I think indie wrestling would benefit from learning to tell more stories and work more psychology into their matches; however, most indies today can only generate buzz from "Hey, did you see THAT!?"

• 1 month later...

Cliff Compton was Colt's guest this week. They have an interesting discussion on pride and how low they are willing to go for a booking.

Cliff tells an AMAZING story about a recent private booking he took. I won't ruin the story, but I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes when Cliff revealed the punchline.

• Like 1