DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

I'm glad Buff is off the somas though.  That is some tough shit.  Suboxone is no joke though.  It helps you get off the opiates, but it is also a bitch to get off of.  I had a bud who struggled greatly with this problem.  I was surprised because I would have actually liked to hear more of Buff on the show.  It was a good interview.  

Someone please tell me I'm not an idiot for believing Buff's stories. His childlike understanding of police authority rings true in a sort of tyranny of the nouveau riche hillbilly way.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest show with Gangrel is really good. But when he mentions that he briefly was called Lestat, and Cabana had no idea what that meant, is it right for me to be thinking "How could you be that ignorant about something famous ?" or is Lestat not as common knowledge as I think it is?

In 2014, i can see people not immediately remembering the Anne Rice vampire-verse.

Right, but Colt wasn't born ten years ago. I'd imagine a guy in his thirties would maybe have heard of Lestat. Again, maybe it's just me.

No. Most of the world doesn't know what Lestat is. They know Dracula.

Tom Cruise played Lestat in Interview with the Vampire, I find it hard to believe that Colt hasnt seen that movie. Not because of Tom Cruise but because who hasnt seen that movie.

In 2014, i can see people not immediately remembering the Anne Rice vampire-verse.

Right, but Colt wasn't born ten years ago. I'd imagine a guy in his thirties would maybe have heard of Lestat. Again, maybe it's just me.

No. Most of the world doesn't know what Lestat is. They know Dracula.
Right. But I'm not talking about most of the world. I'm talking about dudes in their thirties in America. Like I said, maybe it's just me but Interview was a pretty big movie.

• 1 month later...