DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

Yes he does. Pretending he doesn't care about the "vanilla ice cream fans" and he promotes for tha special snowflakes make normal dudes want to check CHIKARA so they can become a speshul snowflake themselves.

ECW was the same thing, ROH idem until the shows started to get worst and wrestlers started going to other places (at one point, ROH fans rly believed that ROH wrestlers looooved ROH so much they'd want to be there forever and never go to corporate meanies like WWE and TNA).

But some of this PERFORMANCE ARTS stuff and being hurt by trolls is mehish

So much butthurt.

Yes he does. Pretending he doesn't care about the "vanilla ice cream fans" and he promotes for tha special snowflakes make normal dudes want to check CHIKARA so they can become a speshul snowflake themselves.

ECW was the same thing, ROH idem until the shows started to get worst and wrestlers started going to other places (at one point, ROH fans rly believed that ROH wrestlers looooved ROH so much they'd want to be there forever and never go to corporate meanies like WWE and TNA).

So much butthurt.

Not butthurt, just happen to despise you, to feel reppelled by your selfpity posting and ignorant and pretencious remarks.

who cares that you have been trying to write a book for 5 years? Ain't gonna happen now, your too old, quit.

So much butthurt.

Not butthurt, just happen to despise you, to feel reppelled by your selfpity posting and ignorant and pretencious remarks.

who cares that you have been trying to write a book for 5 years? Ain't gonna happen now, your too old, quit.

I think my wife is posting on the board now.

• Like 1

So much butthurt.

I think my wife is posting on the board now.

I apologize for the childish comments. Even thought I am still very upset towards the way our first argument turned out, I had no right disturb the thread by going all crazy trying to diminish you with my comments.

I apologize to tha board, I very much enjoy it here and I won't make an ass of myself with these sort of behavior in the future.

Re Quacks interview, yes, he used the same words and expressions on both interviews about wrestling being the fictional space, his wife supporting his creative endeavors, etc.

• Like 1

Cabana always mentions how he's "not a music guy" and that baffles me. It blows my mind that people are out there who don't have music they enjoy and are fans of.

The same with his "I don't read" thing. Reading and music are probably in the top five most important things in my life. Also, the only people I have ever met that say "I don't read" are completely fucking stupid.

• Like 3

Cabana always mentions how he's "not a music guy" and that baffles me. It blows my mind that people are out there who don't have music they enjoy and are fans of.

I would call myself not a music guy. My nerd knowledge pales to other media. I like what i listen to and thats about it. And i mainly listen to sports or podcasts in the car, not music.

Best part of the Chikara interview is Colt mentioning that he only knew one other kid in school who was into wrestling, and Quack taking that to mean he only had ONE FRIEND in high school. Holy projection, Batman.

Adrian Neville/PAC is probably still my favorite Colt Cabana episode. Guy really breaks down and opens up about confidence issues -- very interesting.

That was like the after school special/very special episode Art of Wrestling.  I really enjoy Colt as a host.  That episode showed that he is willing to put himself out there and probe his guest for more intimate details or feeling.  Sometimes I wish he would do that more, but I think he always finds a good balance with his guests.  His Bruno interview was pretty good.  

• Like 1

The same with his "I don't read" thing. Reading and music are probably in the top five most important things in my life. Also, the only people I have ever met that say "I don't read" are completely fucking stupid.

I read crap on the Internet that I care about, but I can't remember the last book I read. I do copy edit at a newspaper for a living, so I get my share of reading at work.

A buddy of mine doesn't listen to much music at all, just doesn't much care. He works as a DJ at a classic rock radio station. I think he sees listening to music in his free time as kinda like taking work home, and I guess I'm the same way about recreational reading.

I play music, rehearsal every week and play live somewhat frequently and still I know shit about music history, about what's going on, who's who etc. I enjoy playing and hanging with THE BOYS and I try to make as much money as I can, but I just music is to predictable, boring and pretentious for the most part. Most musicians are surprisingly dumb because they live in a bubble that has nothing interesting going on.

I like to read occasionally tho.

The Zach Ryder podcast has a little gem of a story involving his dad and Festus where Ryder the elder is disappointed that banging pots i.e. "ringing the ring bell" doesn't get Festus into his in-ring character at the time.

Gallows told the same story on his AOW, but did it better.

The only AOW podcasts I avoid are the ones with people currently under contract with WWE or TNA as I feel there is going to be a lot of ass kissing and carny bullshit as to not step on anyone's toes.

Other than Zach Ryder's, I can't think of another WWE guy that did a bad podcast with him. The Curt Hawkins one was really good

I didn't like The Miz one at all. He completely lost me when he started to say wrestler, and then corrected himself and said superstar instead. Drop the corporate speak for just one minute.This isn't an interview you are doing with the New Yorker. It is supposed to be a chat with your buddy.

The only AOW podcasts I avoid are the ones with people currently under contract with WWE or TNA as I feel there is going to be a lot of ass kissing and carny bullshit as to not step on anyone's toes.

Other than Zach Ryder's, I can't think of another WWE guy that did a bad podcast with him. The Curt Hawkins one was really good

I didn't like The Miz one at all. He completely lost me when he started to say wrestler, and then corrected himself and said superstar instead. Drop the corporate speak for just one minute.This isn't an interview you are doing with the New Yorker. It is supposed to be a chat with your buddy.

Miz only did that at the beginning of the interview, though. When Cabana told him they were recording, Miz went into character/ corporate guy and then Colt said "Don't do that" and Miz quit it.

Sonjay Dutt returns this week as him and Colt talk about wrestling in India. Its cool to hear a little bit about Ring Ka King too bad that it never took off.

Funny to interview sonjay in india, as they both also at npwd in easton a couple weeks ago.

Sonjay Dutt returns this week as him and Colt talk about wrestling in India. Its cool to hear a little bit about Ring Ka King too bad that it never took off.

Funny to interview sonjay in india, as they both also at npwd in easton a couple weeks ago.

Not really. They have more down time in India. Backstage at NPWD with all the Wrestlers at it some which haven't seen each other in a year would have been too chaotic.