DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

All Colt Cabana Podcast talk here.

I personally am a big fan of the podcast. So many great antidotes and stories told throughout the podcast, plus Colt is a great interviewer and these feel more like conversations instead of interviews.

I personally am a big fan of the podcast. So many great antidotes and stories told throughout the podcast, plus Colt is a great interviewer and these feel more like conversations instead of interviews.

Colt? Is that you?

Colt? Is that you?

No but I am on retainer

Its an early episode but The Briscoes discusised when they were just starting out, working for Jim Kettner and the ECWA exclusively for the first six months of their career and originally being called The Briscoes Brothers 2000. They did a charity show promoted by Maryland Championship Wrestling at their high school, Kettner took offense to this and stop booking them without Mark or Jays knowledge, they found out they were not being booked anymore because their names were taken off the website. Another funny story is how the basically tell Colt that they found out Van Hammer was living 20 minutes away from them and they bascially showed up at his house asking to be trained.

• Like 1

Its an early episode but The Briscoes discusised when they were just starting out, working for Jim Kettner and the ECWA exclusively for the first six months of their career and originally being called The Briscoes Brothers 2000. They did a charity show promoted by Maryland Championship Wrestling at their high school, Kettner took offense to this and stop booking them without Mark or Jays knowledge, they found out they were not being booked anymore because their names were taken off the website. Another funny story is how the basically tell Colt that they found out Van Hammer was living 20 minutes away from them and they bascially showed up at his house asking to be trained.

I was at that show when i still worked for MCW.

I agree the larry sharpe episode was really good. Also the show with Reckless.

The idea of Van Hammer training anyone boggles my mind.

Quacks episode was interesting... I'll have to listen to it again.

Sunny episode is a train wreck. Sunny reminds me of a girl I datedwho was super bright and DID do everything she did very well but was always blaming others for her faults and didn't understand why bad things would happen from time to time. Great in bed though!

Ambrose is funny. He is very clearly into wrestling but all his shoots and interviews he seems to look down on wrestling geeks. He's still awesome though!

I've heard most of Colt's podcasts and thoroughly enjoy them.  I sometimes skip ones where the interviewee isn't somebody I'm interested in.  But that depends on how many podcasts I have to listen to.  But I just love his casual style.  The Stone Cold episode was really good, loved how they didn't go with the usual subjects and talked about other things.  It was refreshing in a sense.  The Ambrose one is REALLY good.  His character is a loner type of guy outside of the Shield, and he's pretty much like that.  He's funny and humble, yet has that big "I don't give a fuck" attitude that is cool.  Plus, that voice is wicked cool, I could hear him talk for a while.  

Besides, once in a while there's a Punk cameo which is normally pretty funny.  I can almost imagine Punk breaking his silence from the walkout on Colt's podcast.  Not going to happen, but that'd be cool.

I enjoy most of Colt's interviews.  His interview with Larry Sharpe is pretty good.  Of course the Compton in Nigeria one is worth a check out as well as Luke Gallows talking about his start in wrestling.  The recent George South one is another to take a listen to. 

• Like 1

I really don't know what to think about the podcast with Quack. So much of his reasoning when explaining the hiatus sounded like spin. I would like to think that Chikara stopped running shows for nearly 9 months solely to lead up to the current story arc, but my gut tells me there is more to the story. Quack talked about the nasty rumors he read online and how hard it was on his wife, but never actually denied the rumors of his unfaithfulness.

• Like 1

I like Quack as a performer and I dig Chikara a lot, but he didn't really explain much. Unless I missed something, but I listened to it twice. He never gave a clear cut answer as to why it was shut down for so long. And yeah, he was very vague when addressing his wife. Still an interesting interview. 

Listened to the podcast this morning. Quack spent 90% of the interview pontificating on performance/artistic expression, etc. He justified shutting down his promotion for 9 months as a means to tell this great story. He was so busy explaining how Chikara allows him to tell this great story, he forgot to tell Colt what the story was. He tried once in simplified terms but got distracted.