DVDVR Message Board

Design your dream game that will never, ever happen in real life...

Big Fresh

Take the multiplayer from Mass Effect 3 and make it a Marvel game. 4 player co-op against a Hoarde of enemies. Some changes will have to be made, such as adding in a much more robust melee combat system for characters like Captain America and Daredevil. I even started a list of characters with the 3 special abilities each would have (like Mass Effect).... Because getting laid is overrated.

To piggy back on things that have already been mentioned...

A pokemon game where you control the poke's movement during battle and can use the environment to effect the battle.  So for instance, use a picachu against an onyx, and use thunderwave against a water source to modify your attack.  This allows you to work around the type differences a lot more than having your guys have no chance whatsoever.

A would love a super hero themed turn based strategy RPG.  You could totally make a 'new hero' character in an established universe as a telekinetic so people would be able to do a lot of different powers for their avatar.  Want to be a powerhouse?  Telekinetic armor.  Blaster?  Telekinetic force.  etc. etc.

A DC or Marvel srpg in the Fire Emblem mold. Maybe go the Super Robot Wars route and jumble a shit ton of beloved old stories into one huge crisis crossover. Fire Emblem permadeath must be in effect.

A 2d or 3d figjter using all the classic mecha and super robots that appear in SRW games.

A 40k game that actually digitizes the tabletop experience rather than making an RTS built on 40k lore. Keep it turn based, etc. and give us two modes. One where you're immersed in the lore and play a campaign with a story, and one where you're a real life collector playing against other humans in shops, have to buy new figures to play them, and enter tournaments.

Jade Empire 2

with English subtitles and all voice actors speaking Mandarin.  Fuck Bioware for not giving me that game.

I am going to be sad and angry for the rest of the afternoon..

A 40k game that actually digitizes the tabletop experience rather than making an RTS built on 40k lore. Keep it turn based, etc. and give us two modes. One where you're immersed in the lore and play a campaign with a story, and one where you're a real life collector playing against other humans in shops, have to buy new figures to play them, and enter tournaments.

Co-signed.  Final Liberation was pretty close to this way back when, but without the collector stuff.

A Mass Effect-style Star Trek RPG.

Fire Pro with editing tools to create your own sprites and animations.

How about a Borderlands type game that allows you to switch from guns, to swords, to magic, to whatever.  Have the same sense of humor, but I would make it so that a squad of four would be mandatory.  You can play it alone, but you can switch from character to character.  The four characters powers would be much more complimentary, so that the game would be much more focused on teamwork.  I would also make all of the different sections to be completely different gameplay wise.  There would be some levels that have puzzles to solve, others ould be like a hoard mode, and some could be a squad based shooter like X-Com. 

Large scale Mass Effect MMO, with me, Phil, J.T., and Fresh going on many an adventure.

A Grand Theft Auto game set in the 40's-50's, with an optional black and white background. Turn down the crazy, turn up the gritty.

A sequel to the criminally underrated Buffy the Vampire Slayer game set 10 years into the future from the previous one.

NFL Head Coach 2014.