DVDVR Message Board

Banning question.

Jerry Hattrick

Oh shit, you're right. That was Hooks' bro.

Yep, November 17th, 2010.  Pancreatic cancer. 

What's funny is that I have lurked this board for about 10 years, and really only started posting occasionally in the past 3 or 4 years.  But I had told him about it and even though I was a regular lurker, he ended up posting a lot more than me. 

He was a super sweet guy and I'm incredibly happy that people remember him. :)

For the record, Naimark is still an awesome guy.

He'll occasionally pop up on Facebook and compliment my BBQ skills.

It honestly makes my day every time.

Also, no mention of Mailman makes me feel sad.  And old.

Oh shit, you're right. That was Hooks' bro.

Yep, November 17th, 2010. Pancreatic cancer.

What's funny is that I have lurked this board for about 10 years, and really only started posting occasionally in the past 3 or 4 years. But I had told him about it and even though I was a regular lurker, he ended up posting a lot more than me.

He was a super sweet guy and I'm incredibly happy that people remember him. :)

I miss the man around here. Could have used his help in the songs tourney. :)

Seriously though, he always seemed like a real great dude.

• Like 1

Devin Intervention: Another guy seemingly living the life. I miss his opinions and rapport on here.

Devin is a great dude, moved to Portland a few years ago after law school and bought a house and has been lawyering the shit out of stuff. He was one of my actual "real life" pre-board friends and I miss getting to hang out with him regularly.

Also, I don't know why this bothers me or if I even remember it right, but I'm 95% positive that the "bacon strip/latina floppies" guy actually botched the spelling and called it "bacon STIP" and there were a bunch of jokes about a bacon stipulation. But whenever it comes up every couple years nobody else remembers it that way.

Assuming that Blackjack Parsons is also Tony Parsons, UK tape trader, he died in Australia about four weeks ago.

Different person.

I am pretty sure the Blackjack Parsons who posted here still serves a ref on various indy shows. He might even run an indy promotion around indiana/illinois. Somewhere in the MidWest

In terms of dead guys: I dunno if they ever posted here, but Psycho Penguin and Spider-Poet were a couple of mostly TheSmartMarks-based IWC fellows who got around to a lot of different places online (Penguin wrote tons of stuff on Gamefaqs, Poet was some kind of evangelist in real life), and both are gone now.