DVDVR Message Board

Banning question.

Jerry Hattrick

Who was the guy who rebeled against the board by creating his own?

I think that was Andrewbulous, but Zhixel actually built the Kaiju board. 

Isn't Kurt like, Lawful Evil?

Yep.  Something like that..

I wonder how many bannings there were due to the Current Events/Politics folder. Not nearly enough.

I ran into former CE board moderator, SatanPro, like two weeks ago.  I don't think he recognized me or my kid. 

My daughter was like four years old the last time he saw us at Dean's for the final and monumental Dorkfest of 2006 featuring BattleARTS and ribs from Ukrops..

Not sure if awesome would be my word to describe it, but it did attract some of the old board's better posters like K. Thor Jensen, Raven Mack (I always looked forward to Friday Love / Hate), and David Smith. 

I miss David Smith's rants on the evils of IGN.

Jon Snowden and I fell out every now and again, but you can't ever say he didn't have a very informed opinion.  AFAIK, he's still stationed at Ft. Rucker.  His name is still in the US Army Global Address Book, so I assume he still works for DoD.  I'm always tempted to send him a friendly e-mail, but I don't for fear that i'll get a "Hey, you're that self-righteous dickhead from DVDVR ain'cha?" reply.

Sven had a billion posts and then disappeared

Sven's dad was killed when WTC Tower 2 went down during the 9/11 attack, man.

He had to pull his family together and then he just buried himself in work once he made partner in a law firm in Toronto.

I trade e-mails with him every now and then.  He's doing fine.  Sven is like my brother. I miss that dude.

Who was the guy who rebeled against the board by creating his own?

You mean Blackjack Parsons (a total dickhead) or do you mean that stupid Kaiju or whatever the hell it was called that Zhixel (a misguided young man as opposed to a total dickhead) created? I've always been surprised that Jersey Kid didn't create his own board, that could have been all kinds of fun to troll.

Heads on a stake was a great, great time. Something that should perhaps be revived. Defending your existence was great too.

I miss Jorsh Zhixel. He made me laugh

Jorsh put himself between Scylla and Charybdis when the Kaiju folks left for parts unknown.  He did not have the benefit of anonymity when DVDVR was the punchline of most Kaiju board jokes, because the 804 guys like me, Dean, SatanPro, & Hangman Tim Noel knew exactly who he was and what he was up to and I don't think any of us associated with him much after that.. 

You tend to burn your bridges after you cross 'em and not while you're standing on 'em, so I hope it was worth it to him..

I have not seen Shootstyle Zhixel in years.  Hope he's doing okay.

Manos99?  We (Manos, Evil Ash, Hollinger, Televiper, IssacDuke, and myself) used to contribute to a cult movie blog called Movie Feast.  Then we all got super busy in real life. 

I think that Manos99 is trying to become a serious cinema journalist now. He and Evil Ash posted the quality crafted reviews on the site.  I just wrote off the cuff.  Ash's stuff was insanely profound and scholarly.  That dude was fucking gifted.

Manos99?  We (Manos, Evil Ash, Hollinger, Televiper, IssacDuke, and myself) used to contribute to a cult movie blog called Movie Feast.  Then we all got super busy in real life.

I'd like to take this moment to say that I'm 97.28768914% sure that I was the only DVDVR member that visited Movie Feast regularly.  I supported you! :)

I think that Manos99 is trying to become a serious cinema journalist now. He and Evil Ash posted the quality crafted reviews on the site.  I just wrote off the cuff.  Ash's stuff was insanely profound and scholarly.  That dude was fucking gifted.

Indeed he was and "gifted" is not something I give up easily. I only wish he had contributed to the Centipede Press movie books. They are all excellent critical studies as they are, but Ash would have elevated them to another level.

I wonder if I still possess the Ban Hammer of the Gods? I suppose I'll have to wait for someone to provoke me... I relish the uncertainty that this causes, sort of like wondering whether or not Boyd Crowder is packing...