DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/7/14

victor

Oh come on, the neck snap off the ropes right before the end of the match was awesome enough to really take Goldy out, 

I kind of loved how Cesaro worked the crowd in the Bryan match. IT was really just acknowledging them but that was more than enough since so few wrestlers do it now. And yeah, the midmatch Orton promo was awesome because you know he was really feeling it.

I just finished watching Smackdown and the Titus/Young segment was awesome. Titus is such a good promo and very entertaining everytime he has the mic. LOVED The Prime Time Players and it sucks they have broken up. I very their split like the split of APA, NAO, and The Dudley Boys. It's clear who WWE wants to push as the big dog on Raw and who will play second fiddle on Smackdown. I see Titus singles' run being just like that of Billy Gunn, Bubba Ray, and Bradshaw. Two of the mentioned three found their stride YEARS after their intial brand split push. Gunn never found his.

Overall a really good show all around for WWE. Loved it.

Orton/Christian was one of their lesser matches, but they have good chemistry. Loved the app filler/unaired segment where Orton cheap heats the shit out of Des Moines. Find that if you didn't see it, it was almost Angle-esque. I also ironically like the fact that these constantly use the springboard counter finish. It's a great little running joke. When will Christian ever learn?

One of the cool things was, Christian never pins with that springboard sunset flip - I can only remember one Survivor Series where he got Ted Dibiase Jr. with it - but he did it to Jack Swagger on Monday!  I was wondering why.  Then when he went for the springboard again on Friday, it made me think he was planning for that finish.  

Christian's avoided doing it to Orton in the past because of the world title loss finish from 2011, but they haven't fought in a long time.  Maybe he reverted to old habits and it bit him.

Neat little detail!  One of the reasons I've always looked at Christian as an underrated guy.

• Like 1

I'm just catching up with Smackdown now. Bryan-Cesaro is fantastic, better than the Bryan-Orton from Raw match for me. I think Cesaro might be better than Bryan? I sometimes feel like I know vaguely what's coming next from D-Bry, great as he is, whereas Antonio shocks me with something incredibly cool all the time. And his uppercuts are better. It's hard to tell because Bryan gets more opportunities for good, long matches, but every time Cesaro is given a chance he delivers.

• Like 1