DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

Anyone else noticed all the bruises on ADR? He is totally the kind of guy who has had everything given to him, but there's no way he i a legit tough guy.

...the dude fought Cro Cop for fuck's sake...

Well, he was in a fight with Cro Cop, at least. Saying he actually put up any kind of a fight is being charitable, though,

I'm not saying let's put him in with Lesnar and recreate Brawl for All, here. Just noting that the Mexican Aristocrat gimmick is just that.

I don't know how good any of the guys he fought in MMA were but he's got a 9-5 record according to wikipedia so it seems like he knows how to fight just a tad.

Only three of the guys he fought have Wikipedia pages, so I'm guessing most of them weren't very good.

I kid, I kid. Anyone willing to step into the ring with Cro Cop at the height of his "kicking guys in the head so hard they get brain damage" phase has giant balls of adamantium as far as I'm concerned.

I quite enjoyed this show, but I actually wanted to talk about Barrett/Kofi first, which I really enjoyed. The Bullhammer is so much better than the Wasteland as a finisher, for one. For two, Barrett is going to get over as a face even if he is a scumbag. He's too good at being a scumbag. He's totally charismatic in every way. Third, the match was Kofi trying to run and jump and Barrett catching him and clubbing him down, which foreshadowed the finish where Barrett did the same thing except with the Bullhammer. I think the guy can be a legit main eventer, and it would be a shame if injuries or booking ineptitude kept him from that level. 

I thought Bray/Sheamus was a top-level Sheamus match. I typically don't like watching Sheamus, and his pre-match promo reminded me why. Everything he does in the ring or on the mic sounds so rehearsed, like he's monologuing it for audition in a play in the park or something. He's utterly inauthentic, at least to me. However, the end of the match with all the 2.9s totally worked as Sheamus actually pulled off looking bewildered by Wyatt continuing to kick out. That match rocked. 

Paige should always use the Scorpion Crosslock to finish or whatever they're calling it. That move alone will get her over. 

Goldust is great. I thought most of the match was ADR in control on offense, which is fine since he has interesting offense and actually does things logically to set up for finishing his opponent, but which made the end, where Goldust basically ducked and hit one move, sort of out-of-nowhere. The match felt like maybe it needed at least three or four more minutes. 

Paige should always use the Scorpion Crosslock to finish or whatever they're calling it. That move alone will get her over. 

That cradle DDT she used to put away Fox was pretty sweet, though. Paige cornering the market in movez is going to make her very hard to displace as the #1 diva. 

• Like 1

I see NXT was ahead of Main Event this week in the Network Top 10. 

Naomi is also throwing some moves, that facebuster she put on Aksana this week was pretty nasty. I'm not sure how trained Lana actually is, but Aksana and Lana could be fun as a tag-team at some stage.

The Rybaxel/Brotherhood feud carries on - what this Cody Rhodes heel turn is supposed to do for anyone I'm really not sure about.

Supposed main-event of Swagger/Ziggler was the usual. Ziggler partying with Rose made sense - I'd definitely rather see those two pair up than Ziggler/Miz. Though a massive Team Douche might work.

Was there anything important in Cena's promo?

Not really. He thinks people should be free to believe what they want, Wyatt wants sheep who will follow him, he believes in never giving up, product placement, etc etc.

This week's show ruled! Alicia continues to steal the show. Her deal is amazing. Tonight, she sang, slapped Chimel, and even shut up the generic commentators WHILE TRYING TO STEAL THEIR WALLETS! This was a really fun show. Sheamus-Cesaro was awesome, minus the iffy finish. I wouldn't even call it bad - just not ideal. Neither guy could lose, so they had a double countout due to kicking too much ass. Sheamus wound up hitting the kick anyway for the face sends the crowd home happy-type of finish.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/wwe-main-event-5-13-14.html

Screens -

487dbc326413981.jpg

d99c88326414069.jpg

d2dc36326414073.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gbql5c80xjv8ihfpda85xxqlwl8aaffq

• Like 1

Absolutely LOVED Sheamus/Cesaro, Cesaro seems to really bring the intensity out of Sheamus and they look to be really enjoying kicking the shit out of each other. 15-20 minutes of this on PPV would be glorious.

I hope this becomes a feud because i've wanted it ever since the Elimination Chamber match.

Is Sandow the latest guy they're going to have complain about being held back but have them lose every week? The whole idea is that they should win every week but not get any title shots. Then they'd have a point.

Alicia Fox is absolutely great and I fully support how little she gives a fuck about protecting anyone she's in the ring with. She even threw that WWE Announcing Robot Team down with absolutely no care in the world. Give her the Intercontinental Title.

Didn't enjoy Sheamus/Cesaro as much as I thought I would but I think that's because I didn't like stalling heel Cesaro at the start but as the match went on and they started throwing bombs, it got so much better. I do like any guy who is unafraid to match Sheamus' stiff strikes though and there was some awesome uppercuts and clotheslines thrown around in this. Sheamus pulling Cesaro up by his nose was a personal highlight.