DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

I think Emma is awesome but good lord that segment at catering with Santino is just complete dreck.  If that is the best you can do then this garbage just leave her in NXT.   It isn't like working Main Event and Superstars is an upgrade given the Network

Seconded. That was brutal television. This pairing is going to zap any and all face-heat off of both of them

The WWE is so akward at doing romance. They write them like it's cosplay for highschool on the Disney channel.

AJ vs. Nattie was a pretty good match. Don't know why they didn't save it for Wrestlemania.

AJ vs. Nattie was a pretty good match. Don't know why they didn't save it for Wrestlemania.

Because there is a pretty good chance the divas won't even have a match a Wrestlemania and even if they did outside of Trish/Mickie I can't recall the divas ever getting much of a chance to impress at Wrestlemania. They usually get a death slot.

Because there is a pretty good chance the divas won't even have a match a Wrestlemania and even if they did outside of Trish/Mickie I can't recall the divas ever getting much of a chance to impress at Wrestlemania. They usually get a death slot.

God again with the white knighting stuff. Obviously there will be a Divas match at Wrestlemania to promote Total Divas.

"White Knight" - A person (usually a male) who sees the typical maiden in distress, and believes that he can help her. A male version of the "mother figure" that some girls become.

It's a term that trolls use online when trying to belittle people

Its a useful term for some types. But Rovert was wrong in his application of it.

Nah the outrage is really out of touch. I thought everyone knows Total Divas is a total cash cow

for the company at this stage. The Divas will have a match at Wrestlemania.

What outrage?  They DO get the death slot at WM because nobody cares about the women's division in WWE, so it's a nice cushion for the crowd between the Undertaker and the Main Event.  They didn't do it last year and the crowd was noticeably burnt out for the main.

It's what you initially replied to with the "white knighting" bullshit

No it isn't and what I replied with made clear that wasn't the aspect of the post I had an issue with.

There's merit to the death spot thing but the rest is over reaching and out of touch.

Its a useful term for some types. But Rovert was wrong in his application of it.

Nah the outrage is really out of touch. I thought everyone knows Total Divas is a total cash cow

for the company at this stage. The Divas will have a match at Wrestlemania.

What outrage?

Thought the Matadores/Rybaxel match was fun, but now I wanna watch some CMLL before bed.

Nattie is nowhere as good as Beth was in selling a smaller opponent as a threat. And I did see some of the sloppiness y'all mention (as well as something clipped out?). Still, very entertaining. I enjoy AJ - she reminds me of Mickie.

I have never purchased a WWE T-shirt before, but I just may have to get one of those Mark Henry "destruction" ones. Very good match from him and Ambrose.

Solid Rasslin this week.

Also, WWEN streamed one of my tweets during tonight's airing. I marked out. Not gonna lie.

• Like 1

Are the Divas REALLY getting the shaft as some claim? WrestleMania 29 is the only WrestleMania since WrestleMania 13 where the Divas have not been involved in a match.

WrestleMania 22 saw Torrie Wilson and Candice Michelle serve as the co- main event.

WrestleMania 23 had Melina vs. Ashley as the co-main event.

WrestleMania 26 featured the 10 Diva tag as the 3rd match from the main event.

WrestleMania 27 had the six person tag team match (featuring Trish and LayCool) as the co-main event.

These are all pretty prominent roles on the card. As it stands right now there are no women on the roster who I want to see wrestle at Mania. There will most definitely be a Total Divas 2 match and I am sure it will be higher on the card then it should. I cannot see a woman's match headlining WrestleMania anytime soon. Ronda Rousey has done it in the UFC and Strikeforce, but I doubt WWE has the confidence to allow the biggest event of the year to be headlined by the Divas. Imagine that!? Brie Bella vs. Eva Marie in a 3 minute match for the Divas title as the main event of WrestleMania 31! I'd love to see a wrestling company be more progressive, but its not going to happen as WWE has too much on-the-line to take the risk and TNA just wants to be WWE and has no interest in being an  innovator in the slightest.

• Like 1

There should be less troll-feeding and more discussion about how awesome Ambrose vs. Henry was.

Limping during a powerslam and holding the ropes when you deliver a big boot is how you sell the damn leg. Nice comeback sequence by Henry and Ambrose was really moving sharp here too. The other Shield members were great on the outside.

Rollins: What? I didn't do anything!

*punch*

Aw, that was like the divas curtain call, just you know, with a superkick.

Yeah. A weird moment - but a cute one. AJ totally broke character with the hug.

I like AJ's finisher - even if she didn't use it to finish Kaitlyn. It looks really cool, and it's a smart way to camoflage how small she is against bigger opponents. (plus, like with this week's Nattie match, it allows the bigger gals to show off how tough/strong they are when they fight it off)  Reminds me of the sort of stuff Daizee Haze used to do against her opponents, who were always bigger. Given AJ's age and her coming up in the indies -- wasn't she called April Lee before signing with FCW? -- I would be surprised if she weren't influenced by Daizee.