DVDVR Message Board

House of Cards

Fat Spanish Waiter

I think it ends up with VP Claire being OK with President Francis dying so she can be president. Not sure if she conspires to kill him or merely doesn't prevent it from happening, but that's how I think it'll end.

I think it ends up with VP Claire being OK with President Francis dying so she can be president. Not sure if she conspires to kill him or merely doesn't prevent it from happening, but that's how I think it'll end.

The UK series ended on a (somewhat) similar note, didn't it?

Maybe Claire simply wants to be rid of this man at this point so she can have her own life and career in politics?

It might be a fitting conclusion for Frank to end up dead at the hands of the only person he ever truly gave a shit about.

Avoiding all comments because we're only through 9 episodes of the latest season, but I fucking HATE Doug Stamper with all of my being. Such a whiny, sniveling, punk bitch. Seth could absolutely beat the shit out of Doug and I want that to happen so bad.

There was a point that I felt bad for Doug, but then the shit at the end of season 3 happened.

Fuck Doug. I can't wait for him to die. Maybe Petrov gouges his eyes out.

I'm also bummed that it feels like there won't be any more Petrov this season. I was really hoping for Lars to bust out the, "what if I wanted to flick you in the face?" from Sherlock since he was practically playing the same character. Sadly, that never happened.

Doug is a very interesting character, some-what tragic but also truly vile. He is someone who has dedicated his life to his work and it has sucked his soul from him. He can never be a 'normal' person and it eats at him but he's so dedicated to helping Frank even though it is what is destroying him. I could easily see his (Extremely messed-up) relationship with the kidney widow leading to a crisis of conscious next season where he turns on Frank and kills himself because of it.

I almost feel bad for him but he is so vile that I can rooted for him in the past but the last two seasons have put him in pretty um-redeemable territory

I finished this over the weekend, and I thought the season was overall much stronger than the third season, and I think this hopefully is setting up for an exciting final act next year.

However, I may have misinterpreted what those final moments of the show were setting up for next year.

I almost read it as:

Frank and Claire establishing Martial Law with the terror threat as an excuse to stall the election from taking place in three weeks.

We finished the season tonight. Fuuuck yeeeesssss. The Hammer has been my favorite character and I had a giant grin plastered on my face seeing him not back down. I so badly want him to be the hero of this series.

• Like 1