DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

Austin mentioned on his show today re:Bryan/ratings that you have to have the machine backing you up to be a big draw, and that the current thought process of "don't go full throttle with the push until ratings go up" is backwards.

It's not rocket science.  WWE never meandered around this much when it came time to give Austin his big push.  They didn't futz around with it and pull cute shit like they did at the Royal Rumble.  And when an authority figure tried to rail against Austin, Austin would come in and beat the shit out of him or downright embarrass or humiliate McMahon.

• Like 1

True.

I don't want to be one of the typical internet fans who blames HHH, but does he just not want to ever been seen as anything but a tough guy? Vince would posture, but he used other people and then showed ass.

They've shown Bryan CAN beat people, but we still get HHH getting in his face. Why can't HHH just ACT like Bryan is a bit of a threat? Has HHH ever had a CLEAN win over Cena? If not, then why would he feel comfortable getting in the face of the guy who beat Superman?

HHH is the worst. Even IF Vince is the last say, I still blame HHH because if he wanted to he could argue to put SOMEONE over. I hope we don't have just years and years of The Authority.

• Like 3

Trips knows in his heart of hearts that no matter how many titles he wins, how much stroke he has, and how glorified he makes himself, he will never be the equal of his contemporaries Rock and Austin in the eyes of the fans. It's arguable at best that he's even above Cena. He's not Sting, he's Luger. Hence the insecurity.

• Like 2

FWIW, both were talented, but there were other issues. Kharma got pregnant and then lost the child, while Mistico (who at the time the #2 draw in the world) was rushed too quickly to the roster.

• Like 1

True. I forgot about the issues with Kharma.

I just feel like he is so insulated from being in the WWE for soooo long that he might forget the buisness grows and changes.

But then I there are reports he's VERY involved in NXT, and NXT is awesome 9 times out of 10... So who knows.

• Like 1

Trips knows in his heart of hearts that no matter how many titles he wins, how much stroke he has, and how glorified he makes himself, he will never be the equal of his contemporaries Rock and Austin in the eyes of the fans. It's arguable at best that he's even above Cena. He's not Sting, he's Luger. Hence the insecurity.

HHH was never as over as Lex Luger doing the bird dance before putting someone in the rack. He's more ummm...not X-Pac...but Justin Credible.

I honestly think Triple H knows exactly what his reputation is and plays into it to work the less than casual fan.  

Regarding Kharma and Mystico, using them as examples of Triple H being behind the times is really strange.  If anything they would be against the grain of stereotypical WWE hires with one being a huge black woman and the other a tiny luchador who doesn't speak English.  When have either of things been the WWE standard?  

I think I used those two as a bad example. I was more being nit picky about the two folks he wanted to bring in not working out. And yes, it's more bad luck than anything else.

Poor argument on my part, I just can't stand the dude. I'm sure HHH sleeps well at night.

Some of this HHH talk is silly.  Insecure?  He's going to own and operate the sole-survivor and winner of the United States Scorched Earth Wrestling Apocolypse.  Do you really think he's got some kind of hang up on the Bionic Redneck?

Don't get me wrong, they've really undercapitalized on the last 6 months, but that's not the same as complete failure.  I just don't think it's because HHH has some kind of malicious vendetta or historical insecurity.  He just makes bad decisions sometimes, like everybody else.

Some of this HHH talk is silly.  Insecure?  He's going to own and operate the sole-survivor and winner of the United States Scorched Earth Wrestling Apocolypse.  Do you really think he's got some kind of hang up on the Bionic Redneck?

Absolutely. And Foley. And Rock.

Nixon was president.

Absolutely. And Foley. And Rock.

Nixon was president.

They're professional performers. They're all completely mental and empty inside. It's why we does it. 

• Like 1

It was pretty easy to predict that Kharma and Mistico would end up being disasters. Someone like Kharma is a division killer when almost all of her prospective opponents are barely trained bikini models. You can only run her against Beth Phoenix so many times. And Mistico got over largely because he was heavily pushed and protected. There was no way he was going to receive that kind of treatment in WWE.

I'm not sure why anyone would knock HHH for his talent assessment. Sheamus was a good find, all the Shield guys came in under his watch, as did Cesaro and the Wyatts. Not sure if Bryan was his pickup or not, he might've been there a little before HHH was in charge. Even if he can't take credit for Bryan, he still has a stellar hit/miss ratio.

Why people would complain about that instead of the Outlaws having tag title reign in 2014 that lasted more than a week and effectively killed the Rhodes brothers is beyond me.

Because why the fuck should anybody else get built up, right? They've changed the wellness policy to make sure Randy Orton doesn't get fired and John Cena will come back early from any injury? Let's just run them in the main event forever and ever!

Because why the fuck should anybody else get built up, right? They've changed the wellness policy to make sure Randy Orton doesn't get fired and John Cena will come back early from any injury? Let's just run them in the main event forever and ever!

You're right Goldust is gonna finally break out!