DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

He says it when he calls Billy Gunn "The Bad Ass"... he just doesn't do it in the intro, for whatever reason.

It's far easier to edit the intro than Billy Gunn's nickname. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room for editing "The Bad Ass". What would he be called? "The Bad A Double Crooked Letter", "The Bad Butt", "Bad" Billy Gunn?

Lawler's immeasurably bad. JBL pisses me off more, though, because he could be good. He's at his best as the corporate shill, toeing the company line and defending heel management. It plays in to both the JBL character and what we know about the guy in real life. So why is that guy mocking Michael Cole for his corporate shill spots and calling out the Authority-aligned US champ? It just comes off like the person playing the announcer wants to make sure you know how cool he is, whether it serves the story and gets other wrestlers over or not. I'd rather never see or hear Jerry Lawler again, either. But JBL gets on my nerves considerably more.

Lawler's immeasurably bad. JBL pisses me off more, though, because he could be good. He's at his best as the corporate shill, toeing the company line and defending heel management. It plays in to both the JBL character and what we know about the guy in real life. So why is that guy mocking Michael Cole for his corporate shill spots and calling out the Authority-aligned US champ? It just comes off like the person playing the announcer wants to make sure you know how cool he is, whether it serves the story and gets other wrestlers over or not. I'd rather never see or hear Jerry Lawler again, either. But JBL gets on my nerves considerably more.

There's a reason why I say he reminds me of Larry Zybyzko.

I was just about to comment how refreshing it was that for once a Raw thread lasted 10 pages without getting prematurely closed.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted....

Why throw out the bushel, for one bad apple.

Gonzalez, do NOT tell us what "throwing out the bushel" is a slang term for.

• Like 1

I was just about to comment how refreshing it was that for once a Raw thread lasted 10 pages without getting prematurely closed.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted....

Why throw out the bushel, for one bad apple.

Gonzalez, do NOT tell us what "throwing out the bushel" is a slang term for.

Welllllllll...

They've been using that Billy Gunn joke for weeks

Yeah, JBL makes some reference to Billy forgetting his lines everytime the NAO do their schtick. Even Billy joked about it a couple times. JBL is probably the least of three evils but he's hardly good. I'd rather listen to a three man booth of Cole, Zeb, and AJ.

Actually, Zeb is probably the best color guy on the roster.

But Lawler really is the worst. I don't know how it happened but he's totally morphed into Rob Bartlett the past decade. The other two guys discuss the match and he just randomly cuts in with a totally unfunny groan-worthy one liner. At least when JR was there he'd call him on the VFW Hall Roast material. As noted, JBL and Cole just fake laugh.

made a small correction.

I don't know what this says about me, but I kind of agree with Cibernetico as pertains to Kaitlyn. She always struck me as someone who wasn't nearly as funny or clever as she thought she was but wasn't aware of it due to the fact that no one ever told her to shut up because she was hot..

wow

I ended up watching the last hour of RAW earlier since I taped it on the DVR. I love Aksana, but she is going to kill somebody in the ring. Why does every diva have to wrestle? Lana (the chick with Rusev) has the gimmick that Aksana should have had from the start. Evil eastern European woman with her own brute squad.

Brayn/Orton was a fantastic match. Probably one of the best one's they've had. I loved all the work Bryan did on Orton's leg. I wish he would have busted out a Indian Deathlock or maybe a spinning toe hold. Orton is in an odd spot. On the one hand in the ring he's been absolutely stellar. I can't really complain about his rasslin. But his personality and his bland promos are just killing him. It doesn't help that this whole Face of the WWE thing was stupid to begin with.

As for the rest of the show, only part that I even remotely care about is The Wyatt's vs. The Shield. If this were mid 80's Florida, this would be a hell of a blood feud. The side story of Roman Reigns getting more and more pissed with Dean Ambrose is brilliant. Reigns is going to get the pop of the year when he spears Ambrose in half.

• Like 1

He says it when he calls Billy Gunn "The Bad Ass"... he just doesn't do it in the intro, for whatever reason.

It's far easier to edit the intro than Billy Gunn's nickname. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room for editing "The Bad Ass". What would he be called? "The Bad A Double Crooked Letter", "The Bad Butt", "Bad" Billy Gunn?

Two thoughts on this......

--I remember even back during their heyday, Michael Cole always referred to him as "B.A." Billy Gunn, and he still does now.  Back then I thought maybe Cole had a moral thing against cursing or something.  (Which would have been really odd, keeping a job with the fed during the Attitude Era of you had any kind of strong moral stance.)  But after hearing Michael Cole off TV before (I don't remember where it was.....but he was going off on a fan), the guy isn't afraid to cuss a blue streak.  So I'm more puzzled by it that ever. 

--The most embarrassing part of the introduction these days is Road Dogg still saying "DeGeneration X proudly brings to you...."  Dude, DX is dead.  Hunter is a corporate character and Michaels is a born again that wears weird rubber boots and covers his bald spot with big hats.  DX is dead and should stay dead.  As creative and smooth as Road Dogg can be on the mic, can't he tweak it somehow?  It just comes across as sad the way he does it now.

• Like 1

Okay - I am not locking the thread but the problem was taken care of but still replying to his posts is really going to infuriate me and probably earn you a time out.

Because there is nothing I like more than fucking having to fucking ban people at fucking 4:30 in the god damn morning

Grr....

• Like 13

:lol:  If It's ok to ask, temporary or permanent?

Edit: RIPPA Thanks for your hard work, don't know where this place would be without you.

Says banned though Gonzales hasn't got THAT Johnny Cash picture ; ). I'd like to second what you said about Rippa. Ran out of likes, will give you one when they return.

• Like 2

I ended up watching the last hour of RAW earlier since I taped it on the DVR. I love Aksana, but she is going to kill somebody in the ring. Why does every diva have to wrestle? Lana (the chick with Rusev) has the gimmick that Aksana should have had from the start. Evil eastern European woman with her own brute squad.

As for the rest of the show, only part that I even remotely care about is The Wyatt's vs. The Shield. If this were mid 80's Florida, this would be a hell of a blood feud. The side story of Roman Reigns getting more and more pissed with Dean Ambrose is brilliant. Reigns is going to get the pop of the year when he spears Ambrose in half.

Agreed on Aksana/Lana.  I mean, I'm loving the prospect of some evil Russians just in time for the Olympics (almost a shame Darren Young is just feuding with Titus...), but I'm not sure if they need multiple evil Soviet Bloc ladies.  Though I do get more of a Baroness than valet vibe from Aksana, I guess.

I really hate that Wyatts/Shield is probably going to burn out quickly when the Shield melts down at the Elimination Chamber.  I'd love to see something more drawn out between the two.  I'd also like it better if they'd play up that it's the Wyatts that are getting into their heads and causing Reigns to realize he's a star/make Ambrose insecure or whatever.  I've never been a fan of heel factions imploding on their own when EGOS COLLIDE.  At least when they were feuding with Punk, they teased that he might be the one to do it.