DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

As someone else said, the main event isn't getting a lot of discussion because what's to discuss? If you give Daniel Bryan 30+ minutes and a competent opponent, it turns out you'll get a good match. Wow, who knew?

Watch it again.  This wasn't the standard Daniel Bryan Raw Main Event formula.  

• Like 1

Yeah, it was more like some ROH main event or something.  In control American Dragon who just tortures his opponents is the fucking best DB style and this is probably the best example of that match layout in his WWE career.

Better than the Cena match at SS?

Miz is getting married in a few weeks so this digruntled angle is probably leading to him quitting for a few weeks.  If they really want to get Miz over as a heel they should tell the fans the truth.  Every guy will hate his guts if we're constantly reminded that he's off on a honeymoon with Maryse.

In the long run, Road Dogg's shitty botch is the only thing I'll remember about this show.

And starting a Jeff Beck discussion is all I'll remember from this thread.

I've been listening to Jeff Beck since he left The Yardbirds in hopes that he will use his amazing talent to play something I actually want to buy. It hasn't quite been fifty years, so there's still time...

• Like 1

As someone else said, the main event isn't getting a lot of discussion because what's to discuss? If you give Daniel Bryan 30+ minutes and a competent opponent, it turns out you'll get a good match. Wow, who knew?

Watch it again.  This wasn't the standard Daniel Bryan Raw Main Event formula.  

In a lot of ways Orton couldn't look too vulnerable in Fall as he was being established as the #1 heel and building up to the unification match. Now they can really go wild in the build to Elimination Chamber if they want to.

Man, thinking about the main event last night -- that match was seriously amazing and people aren't feeling it as much as I thought everyone would. That match was epic and was a fantastic story. Bryan dominates early by working Orton's leg in terrific fashion. Orton did some GREAT verbal selling with this. I loved the dropkick on the floor spot with Orton's knee against the pole. That spot looked so incredibly vicious. I loved Orton gaining control and Bryan essentially fighting one-armed. The spot on the top rope where Bryan was fighting out with headbutts was great and nasty.

But the key is the ending. I wish the announcers were skilled enough to put this over. Bryan found a way to beat the machine. In the not-too-distant past, something like a Kane run-in was costing him  a match. -- ala the Shawn Michaels as guest-ref match. It's just as how he found a way to finally get at Bray, by joining The Family only to turn on him the first chance he was alone. Bryan outsmarted The Authority and finally beat the undeserving champ, just as he's on the ropes politically. Too bad it was non-title.

That match was seriously great. I'd like to see if it was as good or better than their No DQ match from last spring where Bryan choked Orton out with the Kendo Stick YES! Lock.

The Shield six-man was a blast. The ending was great. Ambrose stealing the pin on his quasi-rival Big E.? Awesome. Then Wyatts promo was, of course, amazing.

The Shield/Wyatts match is like the Cody/Dustin vs. The Shield for-their-jobs match at the PPV. The EC's going to be fun and everything but people are way more into this match than anything else.

• Like 2

In the long run, Road Dogg's shitty botch is the only thing I'll remember about this show.

And starting a Jeff Beck discussion is all I'll remember from this thread.

I've been listening to Jeff Beck since he left The Yardbirds in hopes that he will use his amazing talent to play something I actually want to buy. It hasn't quite been fifty years, so there's still time...

Guitar Shop was good and his "Live at Ronnie Scott's" set was great stuff. I'm a bit of a jazz guy so that informs my picks for sure.

Yeah, it was more like some ROH main event or something.  In control American Dragon who just tortures his opponents is the fucking best DB style and this is probably the best example of that match layout in his WWE career.

I don't disagree with any of the above. I'm just noting that it's not exactly surprising that he and Orton could put that out.

In a vacuum maybe, but the SS match had the bonus of a really great build, and of course being a title match to add importance to it.

Honestly, I only seem to enjoy Orton's matches when he faces Bryan. The last few times they have faced I find myself enjoying it.

Also, in a match with Rey and Kofi I was surprised to see Big E. eat the pin.

During Naomi’s match with Aksana on the Feb. 3 edition of Monday Night Raw, the WWE Universe saw the Funkadactyl left reeling after taking a knee to the face from Aksana. WWE.com can now confirm that Naomi did indeed suffer an injury as a result of the maneuver.

“We took a look at her in the training room after she came back from her match,” said WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann. “She appears to have a bruised orbital bone or a bruised eye socket, as well as a scratch on her cornea.”

The good news is, the initial tests both cleared Naomi of a possible concussion and suggested a quick recovery. “We did a full eye examination and a head examination as well as a neurological examination; no signs of concussion,” said Dr. Amann. “We’re going to have her use ice and Tylenol and check her out again tomorrow."

Stay with WWE.com for more details on Naomi’s condition.

I hated the main event.  I hate that, without any build, they put on the "should've been" Wrestlemania main event.  In Omaha.  It should have felt like a big, important match, but it didn't.  And, now Daniel Bryan has a meaningless clean win against a hapless, oars out of the water champ that no one cares about. 

And it'll end with Bryan getting pinned, likely clean, in the elimination chamber. 

Sigh.

I really feel like EC should end with Daniel Bryan winning and Wrestlemania should end with a Batista heel turn as Bryan gets screwed out of the title.

In a vacuum maybe, but the SS match had the bonus of a really great build, and of course being a title match to add importance to it.

Being told every week that DB was too small and not good enough to be champion constitutes a good build?

Stay with WWE.com for more details on Naomi's condition....which is being treated with ice and Tylenol...

Being told every week that DB was too small and not good enough to be champion constitutes a good build?

By "Mr. McMahon", while HHH and Cena said the opposite, and then we got past that into that Cena/Bryan face-down. Yes, that was a good build.

Aksana should get a monster heel push where she starts putting divas out of action with her kneedrop. Maybe even have her break out of Natty's sharpshooter to sell how powerful her legs are. Then she can give Tamina the kneedrop and she no-sells it because of her Samoan hard head and JBL goes crazy on commentary.

"When you enter my ring...Aksana breaks YOU."

Bryan v. Orton is definitely being slept on. These two click the way Orton and Christian clicked. Bryan has reached a point where he is consistently delivering matches of the year on random inconsequential raws. We're all spoiled.

How many wrestlers on the roster have ever had a match as good as Bryan v. Orton from last night? That could actually be a fun thread.

• Like 1

Aksana should get a monster heel push where she starts putting divas out of action with her kneedrop. Maybe even have her break out of Natty's sharpshooter to sell how powerful her legs are. Then she can give Tamina the kneedrop and she no-sells it because of her Samoan hard head and JBL goes crazy on commentary.

"When you enter my ring...Aksana breaks YOU."

7ueu.jpg