DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

The following fans Tweeted that they were ejected from the Raw arena tonight for chanting for CM Punk:

Wow just got kicked out of the centurylink center with about 40 other ppl 4 chanting cm punk!!!! I saw ppl get tossed earlier too #cmpunk

— Paul Cernbolis (@jerrythebigsa) February 4, 2014

OMG I just got kicked out of #RAW for chanting for CM Punk! WTF @wwe?!?!?! I BOUGHT A TICKET! #WeWantPunk!

— [REDACTED] (@smithsh8stweets) February 4, 2014

Kicked out of raw for chanting for CM Punk. What happened to freedom of speech? #saveuscmpunk

— Branden (@bfoats) February 4, 2014

The following fans Tweeted that they were ejected from the Raw arena tonight for chanting for CM Punk:

Wow just got kicked out of the centurylink center with about 40 other ppl 4 chanting cm punk!!!! I saw ppl get tossed earlier too #cmpunk

— Paul Cernbolis (@jerrythebigsa) February 4, 2014

OMG I just got kicked out of #RAW for chanting for CM Punk! WTF @wwe?!?!?! I BOUGHT A TICKET! #WeWantPunk!

— [REDACTED] (@smithsh8stweets) February 4, 2014

Kicked out of raw for chanting for CM Punk. What happened to freedom of speech? #saveuscmpunk

— Branden (@bfoats) February 4, 2014

SHOOTING DOWN A RIDICULOUS CM PUNK RUMOR

By Mike Johnson on 2014-02-04 08:31:45
In regard to reports that fans were ejected from Raw last night in Omaha for chanting for CM Punk, both readers who were in attendance and WWE sources have confirmed that story is 100% false.
It appears the story started on Twitter and was picked up as if it was legitimate, but there was no basis in that claim.

We usually don't remark on unfounded rumors, but given the amount of email we've received this morning, we wanted to make it clear that WWE did no such thing.

The new talent initiative rolls on...

I don't get it. They've invested all of this money in NXT, and when Emma, who is crazy over down there, debuts, it's completely clear that the announcers don't even watch the product. It makes the entire investment kind of worthless. The gimmick is that she has no clue she's a terrible dancer and thinks she's great. Not that she does the fucking hokey pokey, Jerry. You continue to be the worst part of wrestling.  

This wasn't the best way to introduce her...I get that they are trying to hotshot directly to that fantastic mixed tag match, but Emma worked because she was a full of herself heel with no coordination, and it got over with the fans. 

• Like 1

Anyone in creative and working as an agent or creative above NXT (RAW/SMACKDOWN) who is NOT working on the Shield or the Wyatts are clueluess as to how to get anyone over anymore.

It's a shame.

Also, Xavier Woods gets a ton of praise (Even from Naylor) and i'm sure he is a nice dude, I just don't see it when it comes to the ring...

As someone else said, the main event isn't getting a lot of discussion because what's to discuss? If you give Daniel Bryan 30+ minutes and a competent opponent, it turns out you'll get a good match. Wow, who knew?

Meanwhile, yes, he got the clean pin, and then he got beat down afterward. SSDD.

Miz is in the running for worst gimmick of the year.  Again.  What the fuck was that?  That Emma segment sucked.  It doesn't really matter if she gets over anyway since she will just be placed into random Divas matches anyway.  Still need to watch D-Bry versus RKO.  The new Wyatt format for a promo is great.  Luke Harper getting some mic time.  Run!!!

• Like 1

Miz is in the running for worst gimmick of the year.  Again.  What the fuck was that?  That Emma segment sucked.  It doesn't really matter if she gets over anyway since she will just be placed into random Divas matches anyway.  Still need to watch D-Bry versus RKO.  The new Wyatt format for a promo is great.  Luke Harper getting some mic time.  Run!!!

Im telling you the Miz thing was Vince and company doing a wink and nod to the 9/11 Truther who ran in during the post game presser.

• Like 1

It looks like they're going with Ambrose and Reigns developing beef with eachother which will lead to a Shield implosion at either EC or WM.  I'm guessing they're going to have the two of them feud with whose side Rollins will take be the storyline there.

I'm a big fan of what I've seen from Emma in NXT.  The problem with her gimmick is that most of the arena wasn't aware that her goofy dancing and aloof demeanor actually is her schtick and not the case of her being unable to work.  It's just difficult to get that fact over on the spot like they tried last night.  Give her a couple backstage segments with her being her usual self and it would get over.

There was an awesome level of viscous "I'm trying to hurt you" from both guys in Bryan/Orton that I loved.

I agree, but I felt like there was more of a tilt towards Bryan on offense, so much so that it made it feel like a squash match at times. I think that's why the match turned out so great. Orton's matches are at their worst when he's on the offensive for more than half the match. When he lets someone else be in the driver's seat, and he soaks up a bunch of damage, that's when he's at his most entertaining.

There was an awesome level of viscous "I'm trying to hurt you" from both guys in Bryan/Orton that I loved.

When he lets someone else be in the driver's seat, and he soaks up a bunch of damage, that's when he's at his most entertaining.

Yeah, it almost fits his character better. You're getting cocky and overconfident, thinking you're beating Randy and then he throws that drop kick out of no where and does the snake thing.

I hated the main event.  I hate that, without any build, they put on the "should've been" Wrestlemania main event.  In Omaha.  It should have felt like a big, important match, but it didn't.  And, now Daniel Bryan has a meaningless clean win against a hapless, oars out of the water champ that no one cares about. 

And it'll end with Bryan getting pinned, likely clean, in the elimination chamber. 

Sigh.