DVDVR Message Board

MTV Shows Thread

RonL21

Watched the final but not the reunion. It was fairly predictable after how last week ended. Looked pretty tough. I always think I could handle most of the individual challenges but I don't think I could finish that final. Fucking Johnny Bananas, dude has made himself some nice life off of these shows. His passport must look crazy at this point.

The reunion should be interesting. This Jordan has gotta show up and take his lumps. I do hate when a reunion has little chance of a pull apart.

The reunion show was somewhat interesting, mainly for Laurel making Theresa quiver and cry. Shit, if Laurel confronting me like that, I'd do the same thing. In that scenario though, I thought Laurel was right because she called out Theresa saying Theresa didn't have the guts to talk shit to her face, and instead Theresa cried.

I was impressed with everyone's performance in the final. Zack had one of the most memorable challenge breakdowns ever with his crying and screaming.

Laurel is from a different planet, she is from one of those warlike planets that just go from planet to planet murdering their champions and crushing their societies under her iron fist.  These women don't even exist on the same plane as her, she is essentially Wonder Woman competing against 3rd grade girls. 

Oh, and fuck CT and Zach for not hating each other.  They should be like Rusev and Big E trying their best to legit kill each other for our entertainment.

I keep saying that Emily from DC is the only one who could legit compete against Laurel, unless the MTV producers specifically look for someone to battle against Laurel. And even then, I'm not sure if Emily can give Laurel that much of a fight.

I'm also betting that Devyn is the first girl eliminated on whichever Challenge that Devyn participates in next.

I keep saying that Emily from DC is the only one who could legit compete against Laurel, unless the MTV producers specifically look for someone to battle against Laurel. And even then, I'm not sure if Emily can give Laurel that much of a fight.

I'm also betting that Devyn is the first girl eliminated on whichever Challenge that Devyn participates in next.

There is no way Devyn is the first one eliminated, she is too good at being friends with everyone while being bad at everything to have anyone actually vote for her.  I hope her ascention into the go to woman for soundbites allows them to get rid of Aneesa for good. 

Emily and Laurel have to be on one of these against each other right?  Lord knows they won't be all buddy buddy like CT and Zach either.  Laurel will see here and focus her entire being into destroying Emily's existence.

I think Laurel still wins just based on her height. Strength, intelligence and endurance wise, it's even, but height and reach are in Laurel's favor. Meanwhile, Emily has escaping a religious cult in her favor, so maybe it really is a wash.

I think Laurel still wins just based on her height. Strength, intelligence and endurance wise, it's even, but height and reach are in Laurel's favor. Meanwhile, Emily has escaping a religious cult in her favor, so maybe it really is a wash.

You are forgetting Laurel's biggest strength, she is the meanest person in the history of the world.  Laurel comes at people like a mother Kodiac bear with rabies.  Emily is essentially covered in honey and poking one of her cubs with a stick.  She may go back to the cult after dealing with that crazy person.  Laurel was willing to throw her "best friend" under the bus over nothing, she'd go straight for Emily's jugular and wouldn't let go until she was gone.

Evelyn was the old alpha predator. Laurel is the new alpha predator. I think Laurel would thoroughly destroy Evelyn.

I also wish Katie were still around because the interactions between her and Laurel would be awesome. Katie and Camilla in the same house would be insane as well. The house wouldn't even be standing after a couple weeks.

I wouldn't mind a season with some kind of age theme, like over 30 vs under 30. Or how about 5 Challenges or more vs 2 or less?

I think it is time for another Fresh Meat season.  The Bananas, CT, Zach, Frank, Laurel, Cara Maria class basically get to the final every single time, they need to bring in some new people that can bring in some credible challengers going forward.  I could have predicted every single person in the final except for Devyn and Johnny, but they were only there because they somehow lucked up and never had to go into elimination.  Cara Maria and Laurel sent most of the girls home by themselves, and they only way either would have lost is if they went against each other.  They need to basically bring in a bunch of new super athletic, super attractive,  crazy people to get drunk, have sex, entertain me, and compete with those other people.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumblings have the next Challenge being Exes 2. I guess that's fine. Some of these couples are on better terms though and that's a good advantage. Also Tom and Jaime from the latest RW will be on. Sooooo shocked that didn't work out.

That Jamie girl still annoys me. I've been hoping she was on the challenge just to watch somebody like Laurel break her.

You don't like her hyper sensitivity to cheating? She is rather silly. She's dating a touring rock star and then destroyed to find out he cheated on her. Big shocker.

I miss Daria. That was back when MTV did shows about smart teenage girls.

That was the last time I watched MTV with any regularity.
Those were the good 'ol days of MTV. music videos, Liquid Television, Beavis & Butthead, Daria, The State, The Jon Stewart Show

Going back even further, I loved Remote Control. I wish MTV2 would show the "classic" stuff from MTV's past.

That Jamie girl still annoys me. I've been hoping she was on the challenge just to watch somebody like Laurel break her.

You don't like her hyper sensitivity to cheating? She is rather silly. She's dating a touring rock star and then destroyed to find out he cheated on her. Big shocker.

That was whatever, but her getting way to deep into other people's business. She was basically causing the blonde chick (forget name?) to have a meltdown on the show. 

That was whatever, but her getting way to deep into other people's business. She was basically causing the blonde chick (forget name?) to have a meltdown on the show. 

I assume you mean Jay and Jenna. In her defense that girl was naive as hell and that Jay was being an odd phone number collecting scumbag. I'd be willing to bet they are done and he's regretting his actions on and to get on the show.

I miss Daria. That was back when MTV did shows about smart teenage girls.

That was the last time I watched MTV with any regularity.
Those were the good 'ol days of MTV. music videos, Liquid Television, Beavis & Butthead, Daria, The State, The Jon Stewart Show

Going back even further, I loved Remote Control. I wish MTV2 would show the "classic" stuff from MTV's past.

I've been saying for years that they should have a way to watch old challenges, but I was having a conversation with a friend that reminded me that they have a lot of old shit I'd be willing to watch.  I'd watch anything involving Spring Break, especially The Grind just to laugh at the fact that we used to think it was acceptable for a woman to dance in a bikini and combat boots.  Any of their old animation would at least make me stop while flipping channels.  Yo MTV Raps would be great to rewatch.  Why don't they have a retro MTV?

• 1 year later...