DVDVR Message Board

MTV Shows Thread

RonL21

Dammit. The Challenge makes me wish I still had cable/dish, but I think they put the episodes up online anyway. Too bad MTVs website is terrible.

I still don't understand why every season of the Challenge isn't on demand on their website.  Don't they understand that I want to see the original Battle of the Sexes, or that time Alton looked like the best athlete on the planet, or that one chick who brought a baby?  Seriously, I would fall asleep watching a challenge episode every night if I had access to all of them. 

• 1 month later...

Catching up on the episodes and I'm really wondering something:

I genuinely wonder who is scarier, CT or Abe.  Sure, CT will beat your ass but I'm quite confident there are numerous bodies littering the Montana countryside.

I have a feeling he puts on a lot of his crazy.  He's too quick to take advantage of his outbursts for them to all be legit.  The problem is, who the hell knows which outbursts are legit crazy and which are put on to manipulate you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, Aneesa sucks.  I've never liked her.  Somehow, she sees herself as some sort of super-competitor, ragging on her cousin.  A quick look at Wikipedia shows that in 11 challenges, she's won 0.

I've always been pro-Cara Maria and anti-Bananas and anti-Aneesa.  I've never really seen anything on the shows to show why they would totally hate Cara Maria.  For Cara Maria to eliminate Bananas and Aneesa in the last two eliminations was awesome

Wow, Aneesa sucks.  I've never liked her.  Somehow, she sees herself as some sort of super-competitor, ragging on her cousin.  A quick look at Wikipedia shows that in 11 challenges, she's won 0.

I've always been pro-Cara Maria and anti-Bananas and anti-Aneesa.  I've never really seen anything on the shows to show why they would totally hate Cara Maria.  For Cara Maria to eliminate Bananas and Aneesa in the last two eliminations was awesome

Aneesa is the one person I can't understand why they keep bringing back.  What the hell has she ever done that makes her someone who you would want on you television show 11 different times?  Her competitiveness is only expressed in being an asshole.  She told Cara Maria, training hard and earning a spot in the final is an example of her being entitled. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2016 at 0:06 AM, Zero said:

Not the greatest season in the world. The Abram episode was epic, but it's gone to whatever since. We need more new people. I'm sick of Cara, Johnny, Aneesa, ect. 

I guess you got your wish, but these Are You The One folks seem mostly like mannequins.  And damn, thank God for DVR to get thru the 30 minutes of commercials.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:04 AM, supremebve said:

So, is anyone else watching?  

Yes. And every season, whether I only watch 1 episode or the whole series, I somehow get nostalgic for Becky, Heather, Julie, and the guys from season 1.

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

A semi-classic Camila meltdown.  I can't quite understand what her argument is.  First she yells at her teammate for doing what he was supposed to do, then yells at TJ "What was I supposed to do?"  I think it would be better if she just spoke Portuguese and they put subtitles down.

She clearly screwed them over.  She kept yelling they lost their token, despite the fact that it wasn't lost until she took it.  They put their token on the next step, and she picked it up and carried it all the way to the top.  They would never look that far up the path, because they didn't get that far before they realized it was gone.  They couldn't compete in the challenge, because of her actions and her actions alone.  

Tony and Ashley need to be on every season for the rest of time.  Those two are gifts from the reality television gods.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2016 at 1:44 AM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I'm pretty sure that Devin has an invitation to every challenge he wants to show up to.

Hide contents

Damn, Johnny.  I love his justification, "How do I know that you weren't going to do the same thing."

I think this season was a transitional season where we were introduced to the next generation of challengers.  Devin is someone who is going to be back, but Tony, Ashley, Vince, Amanda, Dario, Nicole and probably Simone will be on our next generation of stars.  

• 9 months later...

So, did anyone watch this season?  Decent enough, I think the 13-15 episodes is better than the 30 episode epics they used to run.

Spoiler

I was actually happy that Ashley won.  Sure, she's a nutter but fuck those other two.  My buddy and I were convinced that, win or lose, CT was going to announce that that kid he has was from Diem's egg.

Anybody see the preview for the new season.  Since it's 6 episodes, I assume nobody's getting eliminated.  Good to see a Punk/Bananas confrontation.  I see that MTV Canada has like 20 seasons available, too.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:55 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Since it's 6 episodes, I assume nobody's getting eliminated. 

Well, scratch that.  Good to see the real Lolo Jones coming out for the Challenge.  And that Invasion reunion show set up a ton of teams for the next season of Rivals.

17 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Well, scratch that.  Good to see the real Lolo Jones coming out for the Challenge.  And that Invasion reunion show set up a ton of teams for the next season of Rivals.

I had to change my cable boxes, so I need to catch up on the final on demand, but yes I watched.  Wait, is the real Lolo Jones, the Lolo Jones from the olympics?  Like the virgin Lolo Jones?  Like the last person I'd expect to ever be on an MTV show, Lolo Jones?  I need to investigate.

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I had to change my cable boxes, so I need to catch up on the final on demand, but yes I watched.  Wait, is the real Lolo Jones, the Lolo Jones from the olympics?  Like the virgin Lolo Jones?  Like the last person I'd expect to ever be on an MTV show, Lolo Jones?  I need to investigate.

Yes, it's the real Lolo Jones.  But what I meant was, the Lolo Jones that doesn't usually show up on camera.  I had an ex who's sister was an Olympic hurdler.  They all hated Lolo because she got all the attention and they knew the "real" Lolo Jones wasn't the one that showed up for the cameras.  That's exactly why the British track and field chick did what she did in the first episode.  Not much Punk in episode 1 but he can't be quiet for too long.

On 5/17/2017 at 4:09 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Yes, it's the real Lolo Jones.  But what I meant was, the Lolo Jones that doesn't usually show up on camera.  I had an ex who's sister was an Olympic hurdler.  They all hated Lolo because she got all the attention and they knew the "real" Lolo Jones wasn't the one that showed up for the cameras.  That's exactly why the British track and field chick did what she did in the first episode.  Not much Punk in episode 1 but he can't be quiet for too long.

I wouldn't want to play Mario Kart against Lolo Jones, that woman is insanely competitive in ways that are truly terrifying.  The funny thing is that everyone on the show realizes she's willing to kill them and eat their souls to win.

I think I'm in love with Louise Hazel, that woman is ffffffffiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee.  

Why the fuck does Jordan think that mustache is a good idea?

God, I hope Veronica makes a full-time comeback.  Darrell being back is fun, but we need some old school, crazy people, back in the mix.  Matter of fact, has anyone seen Coral?

The pro athlete team has enough variation in skill that this should still be competitive.  CM Punk is not a great athlete and the skiing and snowboarding types could be fairly pedestrian at the more classical athletic events.  Merriman and Wimbley are big, strong and athletic, but having that much mass is going to be detrimental to endurance and any activity where they have to hold their own weight.

Why does that Lindsey's standing up to call out Lolo feel like that scene in Deep Blue Sea, where Samuel L. Jackson decided he was going to give an inspirational speech in front of the shark tank?  Honestly, if this was some sort of puzzle, I'd get it, but she is in no way capable of stopping Lolo from rag dolling her all over the damn arena.  There hasn't been a single second on this show that made me believe that any of these people could beat her at anything, and she's going to volunteer based on some stupid notion of being a competitor.  

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Why does that Lindsey's standing up to call out Lolo feel like that scene in Deep Blue Sea, where Samuel L. Jackson decided he was going to give an inspirational speech in front of the shark tank?  Honestly, if this was some sort of puzzle, I'd get it, but she is in no way capable of stopping Lolo from rag dolling her all over the damn arena.  There hasn't been a single second on this show that made me believe that any of these people could beat her at anything, and she's going to volunteer based on some stupid notion of being a competitor.  

They set up a cliffhanger but I get the feeling that Lolo will just say, "Nah, I'm good with this one".  I also how Jordan just decided to shit on Ashley M like he's not watched the last season and she just turned it up and blasted Ashley K.