DVDVR Message Board

MTV Shows Thread

RonL21

That was a fun episode. You gotta feel bad for Brandon as he had zero point zero chance of winning. I wonder it any of those dudes would have forfeited vs Zack there.

I gotta believe Aneesa is tight with the producers at this point. She's gross and seemingly friends with nobody. Laurel makes a pretty great heel. I wonder if she's rubbing off on Jordan as he's going from one handed hero to self inflated douche pretty quickly.

I'm liking this format. We're getting the old guard/new guard dynamic with Johnny/CT and Jordan/Zack. It's gonna be interesting to see if the house begins to turn on the vets going forward. Still a lot of dead weight to go through though.

You're right, Aneesa is the worst.  Just ahead of Danny from Austin.

Aneesa is there for two reasons, she is always in a conflict, and she gives great soundbites.  That is basically 90% of the show.  If a cast member is always fighting with someone , and can explain whatever is going on in the house in 5-7 second soundbites they will always get invited back. 

Jordan is the WORST. Ugh. I can't recall anyone quite as shitty as him who is this delusional. Johnny is going to eat his lunch if it ever came down to the two of them. He talks so much shit and backs none of it up. I mean, you have to be really, really shitty if you're going to make Bananas the clear babyface. In this episode alone, he was cocky as usual, talked mad shit about Bananas getting DQ'd when he himself couldn't hang on, says Bananas needs to earn his stripes when Bananas has won more money and more challenges than anyone else (I don't count Darrell because he won his challenges by being on good teams and I think his contributions were weak). Then after Johnny houses Isaac, he talks shit about Isaac. Such a scummy fucking person.

Anyone catch TJ's comment when CT didn't pull the kill card? I thought that was a funny call back to when CT turned Bananas into a backpack.

Was this also the first time anyone has cried about who they had to face in the eliminator? When Jas pulled the kill card, it was like she found out her entire family was murdered. I did think it was nice that Laurel let Jas have one score. There's no way Laurel loses, unless it's by injury. Her biggest threats are Aneesa and maaaybe Camila. I just don't think Cara is mentally tough enough to hang against Laurel.

Laurel pulled out a pen and a pad, wrote down all of the girls names, and told Devyn "Right now there are 5 girls I'd pick before you."  Devyn didn't need to hear anything else, she knows Laurel is bout it bout it, and putting a real G's name in the street is a bad idea. 

• Like 1

That was an all time challenge move by Laurel. She has got all these other girls shook as hell. I'm trying to think of the elimination challenges that Laurel would be vulnerable in. Coming up blank.

Some of the answers during the trivia challenge were so dumb. It really goes without saying but c'mon. Cara Maria didn't understand the concept of continents! I like how delightfully stupid Leroy is. That trivia doesn't come in handy partying in Vegas.

I really can't believe they've managed to turn the handicapped kid heel. CT telling him sign a release and I'll punch your face in was great. Kinda started to feel bad for Jordan there. I love that moment they foreshadow in the previews where Jordan just flips up all the cards in the draw. That must be to face Bananas. Pretty badass move with 250K on the line.

I hope it's the eliminator where you have to deliver the ball to the goal in the center of the pit, that way Bananas can just knock the ball out of Jordan's hand and stump with ease. Fuck Jordan.

I love how delighted Leroy still is about Jordan flipping over all the cards.  He sat on the aftershow cheesing like it's his fucking birthday the entire time.  With that said, there is no one, not even CT I would want angry at me on this show less than Laurel.  She is like a T. Rex with anger management issues, and now every person on the show is going to suffer the consequences for her man being gone.  Oh and Bananas is about to become just as unbearable as Jordan.  My preseason prediction of Cara Maria making the final looks like it is basically set in stone.

Cara Maria may make the finals, but she won't win. I also wouldn't be so sure about Bananas. Don't forget, Zach has a habit of acting like a psycho at times. He can turn people against him as well. It is weird though, to see that there are really no villains left for the guys. Bananas and CT have both become endearing characters on this show in recent seasons, Zach is decent most of the time, Johnny is bland, Cohutta may be the nicest guy on the Challenge ever, Leroy is hilarious and wants no drama, and Preston is Preston.

The girls side is much more interesting as far as drama goes, but for the competition aspect, you basically have Laurel, Cara Maria, Aneesa, and then a scrap heap. Laurel wins by default since Cara Maria isn't mentally strong enough and can't swim and Aneesa just can't perform at that high of a level for that long and I also think she can't swim.

I missed the last 2 weeks, and finally caught up. Thoughts

• Laurel is winning, no doubt in my mind. Cara Maria is her only threat. WE NEED EMILY vs. LAUREL. It's official. 
  • Jordan deff didn't want any of CT, he was just quiet after that.
  • THE ROCK CLIMBING WALL for the blow-off to the feud? Lame. Lame. Lame. 
  • Bananas was making fun of the hand a bit too much, like c'mon man. 
  • Anybody notice the lack of drama this season? I think the cast is too used to the show, we need a Fresh Meat or something. 

I missed the last 2 weeks, and finally caught up. Thoughts

• Anybody notice the lack of drama this season? I think the cast is too used to the show, we need a Fresh Meat or something. 

The fact that Frank went home sick takes a lot of drama out of the house, that dude is unstable and can't go 10 minutes without getting into a fight with someone.  That and no one wants any part of Laurel, those girls are shook.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I wondered on previous seasons if Laurel wasn't edited to make her look bad. I think I can put that theory to bed after this season. I will say she made a good point about the whole "best friends" thing. I'm sure she has IRL friends that she'd consider herself closer with than Cara.

Nany and Cohutta didn't really come off as a real romance to me. He's gotta be feeling pretty stupid watching that young Johnny bang her a few weeks back. Me thinks Nany was looking for camera time. Leroy looked decent in that duel. I wonder what he can do with CT, Zack, or even Bananas...

Oh and FUCK that annoying Jessica calling CT "Grandpa." I'm also 34 so it stung to hear what younger people really think.

No shit. CT is old? The fuck?

I'm guessing Cara goes home...or maybe not. Cara's entire life is over-exaggerated so she could have just jammed her finger.

Laurel is the worst, but she's a beast. I'm conflicted...

At this point if they are going to book Laurel they have to book another female who can hang with her. What happened to that girl from the New Orleans season that played college basketball? I was wondering who would win in these duels if it was Laurel vs Preston.

At this point if they are going to book Laurel they have to book another female who can hang with her. What happened to that girl from the New Orleans season that played college basketball? I was wondering who would win in these duels if it was Laurel vs Preston.

Slightly embarrassed to know this, but I think she is dating Zach. She has a legit radio job as well, so I'm guessing no challenges.

• Like 1

Some serious loss of brain function at the end of the last episode.  First somehow Bananas convinces Nany that Cara Maria is a threat to her and to vote her in.  (She's got a fucking broken hand dummy)  Then, Nany changes her mind.  But when TJ tells Nany and Bananas they're going into the elimination if they can't agree, Nany changes her vote.  Like Bananas really would have gone into the elimination if she stuck with her Theresa vote.  Then to top it off, Cara Maria loses her mind and accuses Theresa of swaying Nany's vote with her buddying.  Nany just said Theresa's name twice to keep you out before she got hoodwinked like a 3 year old that gets a quarter pulled out of her ear.

It's the Wall, so I'm not sure who to pick between CT and Leroy. CT could fuck up, but Leroy has been far from a cardio machine.

Poor Cara. Her transformation into the new Robin is complete, except she's Robin with some Paula sprinkled in. Such a one sided matchup. Unless Laurel fucks up or throws the match, there's no way she loses.

I also watched the after show thingy hosted by Johanna, Mr. Beautiful, and a really weird looking Snookie. In that they showed the three best fights in Challenge history. CT vs Adam obviously took first place and I forgot how insane that was. I mean, has anything really touched that for any reality TV show? Jesus, CT would have killed Adam without intervention and CT is soooooo much different now. The other thing that stood out was Katie. Man I miss Katie.

I have thoughts but I'm tired. I gotta say though the beginning of that clip show freaked me out. The super close up of Snoo I'm sorry Nicole's face to open the show was frightening. Not that she was pretty before but now she's downright disturbing to look at.

• Like 1

Well that was fairly predictable. What wasn't predictable was the challenge prior to the finals. Pretty sneaky. Sucks that it had to come down to CT and Johnny Bananas.