DVDVR Message Board

MTV Shows Thread

RonL21

I searched for the MTV Thread I swore was on here, but maybe that was on the old board?

The two shows I've been into the last few weeks are The Real World and Are You the One?   They shook things up this season, which is the second time they have been in San Francisco.  I like the cast, but the twist this season is that exes of the cast move in and Hell presumably breaks lose since some of the roomies have already hooked up.

Are You the One? is a reality game show, where there are 10 single women and 10 single men.  The 20 of them have been put through a sort of matching test where each one has a match of the opposite sex and they have to find out who it is. Of course the fun comes in when people fall for someone who isn't their match.  The catch is that everyone has to find their match by the final episode or they don't split the $1 million prize. 

Oh shit, The Real World, aka The Challenge Farm System, started already?

I haven't watched a single episode, but I like that this show has a potential for 12 or 13 new players by introducing exes, and throwing someone off after an episode or two.  I'm all for doing anything possible to keep The Challenge fresh.

I still want to see another season of the Challenge where near the end of the season, a select crop of cast members who were eliminated get to come back and team captains get to draft from that group. It would be a fun way of paying back someone for fucking over someone else, and a way to make sure Sarah isn't screwed out of a Challenge...again.

I've only watched the first episode of the new Real World and I'm seeing a lot of future Challenge talent. This concept is pretty brilliant in that it guarantees drama. I just hope they don't feel the need to manufacture the drama every season.

I like the tattooed girl but those disced ears are a huge turn off. That West Virginia girl is like a cartoon of a trashy bar girl. Big Boobs McGee seems cool but like she's hiding some major drama. Tall model lesbian was just kind of there. Though she was super calm about getting hamburger grease thrown in her face.

The dudes all seem decent enough. None of them are curing cancer anytime soon but none of them came off super douchey.

Btw I'm fairly certain they've already filmed a new Challenge.

I thought they did too and Evan was one of the few notables on the upcoming season.

They did, but Evan isn't there.  The Male side is pretty damn stacked, so I don't think he'll be missed.  I thought him and Kenny were out until they got the whole Tonya thing worked out.

This next episode the Ex's are finally into the house. This season of the Real World they've basically just stopped hiding it's a reality show. We hear the producers asking questions, camera mean everywhere. Everything. 

• 3 weeks later...

Damn I was hoping Big Boobs McGee aka Jenny would be the pregnant one.

I like and kind of hate Tom at the same time. Seems like a good dude if not a little naive. He's also a good looking rich kid who is fighting off girls with a stick. I'm conflicted.

This Jay is a dork and should be worshipping his gf/ex/whatever. He's all hung up on getting phone numbers. Who cares how many #'s you get if none of them amount to anything?

Oh this show is loaded with future Challenge talent. Jenny could be the heir apparent to Paula.

I find myself feeling kind of bad for Jaime. She obviously got played by that band dude so now she's so insecure. I do gotta agree with Tom though, those big ear holes are not cute.

This Jay twerp is such a dope. His girl Jenna is by far the hottest girl in the house and seemingly not batshit crazy. If I was his IRL friend I would be strongly encouraging him to lock her up.

Don't care about the lesbians arguing. Bryan being the voice of reason on trans people was interesting. It's like he's stupid but kind of smart at the same time, odd dude.

The pregnancy wasn't the big shocker they wanted. Funny/typical how Cory went right into "it ain't mine" mode. That producer telling Lauren to have an abortion on TV was crazy.

Bryan is a dumb person disguising himself as a genius. Just the way he talks, so slow, and big words. 

Jay's obsession with phone numbers is so damn weird, guy has issues. 

Woah. That was a great episode. Let's go through some points.

• Bryan is easily the MVP of the show, his spell check line is an all-time classic.
  • Jay is horrible, and needs a beating
  • I feel so bad for Jenna, she could have so much better. The way she can't even talk for herself is frighting. 
  • Jamie is still lame as hell, and ugh.
  • Thomas is like a teenager. 
  • Ariana (not really sure) is somebody I think i'd find so annoying in real life, a know it all type. Her ex is there I guess.
  • Corey has a pretty good showing this episode. 
  • Jenny is clearly a psycho, but awesome. We need her on a future challenge. She looks like she trains some kickboxing. 

You're right that was a fantastic hour of reality TV. Really too much to even point out. Corey stepped up big time this episode, he had me cracking up. Jenny is crazy but she seems like a fun kind of crazy. Thats the type of girl you date for a few months then head for zee hills.

I gotta say I'm with Jaime inserting herself into that shit relationship. That poor Jenna is like out of the Mad Men era or something, she just won't rock the boat. Phone numbers, that stupid Jay is going to be watching this in 10 years and hating himself.

I wouldn't have minded Jamie going in there if it was natural, but to me it seemed like the only reason she did that is because Jay said every couple but them were fighting. We've seen how psycho jealous Jamie gets. 

April 10th...THE CHALLENGE: FREE AGENTS.  Every man for themselves, and a random draw selects one male and one female to go head to head with whoever the players vote in.  That is probably the best elimination wrinkle they've ever had, no more free passes bitches.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/mtv-the-challenge-free-agents-trailer

Oh hell yeah. And that roster is AWESOME.

Leroy is back. Isaac returns. Wes Killer Cohutta returns. Psycho Frank. Johnny Bananas. CT.

On the girls side, lol, it's the one season where Sarah can't get booted off because she's stuck with a retard for a partner and she isn't on it. Laurel stomps everyone. Next.