DVDVR Message Board

The Podcast Thread

The Bowe Bergdahl stuff, eh, looking at it, it seems pretty obvious he did desert. Is there a mystery here? I guess the issue was whether he went to join the Taliban or not? 

I'd have went with Lauren Spierer or the Jennifer Keese case, possibly. Scott Peterson would have maybe been in a interesting one: He's in quite a similar boat with Adnan: No real evidence, but just a lot of circumstantial stuff. And at least with Adnan they had one witness saying he was guilty. 

I mean: I do think he's probably guilty, but it does feel like he basically got convicted for being a dick and cheating on his pregnant wife.

On the bright side, Koenig going to the White House to investigate sounds interesting.

"So, I'm talking to a new source. Let's call him...'Barry O' to protect his identity. 'Barry O' is in a position of a lot of power. He knows a lot of shady people in the political world. He's pretty cool. And he insists to me, off the record, the official story is 100% true." 

The new Halloween Dana Gould Hour is tremendous. Number one, it's three hours long and it just flies by. Number two, all the guests are great, and hearing Dana and Patton Oswalt trade stories about what horror flicks they loved as little kids was my favorite part.

• Like 1

Brendon Small has been KILLING IT on Nerd Poker the past few weeks... helps immensely that Dan has been DM'ing with Blaine out for a variety of reasons. They totally need to make him permanent DM and then they need to bring in H Jon Benjamin as a half-orc who sounds suspiciously like Coach McGuirk.

• Like 1

A lot of the police files from the Hae Min Lee case had gotten out and, eh, yeah, it looks bad for Adnan. Everyone says "Oh, it's just mostly circumstantial evidence. "Yeah, but it's overwhelmingly circumstantial.

Perhaps one of the most notable things: Koenig lied when she made a point of saying Hae never said Adnan was possessive. Like, her diary specifically mentions a few times how possessive he is getting and how she doesn't like it.  

For a woman who tried to say she was unbiased, that's pretty damn bad.  

The new Halloween Dana Gould Hour is tremendous. Number one, it's three hours long and it just flies by. Number two, all the guests are great, and hearing Dana and Patton Oswalt trade stories about what horror flicks they loved as little kids was my favorite part.

Seconding this. Every episode of the Dana Gould Hour is a delight but the Halloween episodes are always just a bit more special.

If you haven't been listening to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, found here http://feeds.sideshownetwork.tv/GilbertGottfried, it's fantastic! Some recent guests include Max Baer Jr. (who is crazy), Laraine Newman (who is a big classic horror movie fan) and Vincent Price's daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

New Talkin' Toons w/ Rob Paulsen features the cast and creators of Rick and Morty !

Edit: It's not the entire cast, but it's Dan Harmon, Ryan Ridley, and Justin Roiland. At one point Maurice LaMarche comes up on stage as well and what happens had me laughing so hard my tummy got sore.

I need to listen to that. I fell out of the habit of listening to Talkin' Toons because new eps were so few and far between, but R&M is awesome and I love that they fit Rob and Maurice in (and generally use voice actors rather than face actors) as often as they can.  "Summer, where are my testicles?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

The most recent How Did This Get Made does Bloodsport and it's pretty great.

Haven't gotten to listen yet because my work schedule has been jacked up this week. Please tel me that June is in the house for this. I can't imagine how much this would flummox and trouble her. 

Unfortunately June was away on a family emergency.  I would have loved to have heard round 2 of June asking what is a street fighter during this as I think street fighter 2 borrows heavily from this move and master of the flying guillotine.

For those who are history nerds, I'd highly recommend Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

He is an incredible storyteller and takes his time (and then some - Each episode is 2-3 hours long) to tell history from a "non-historian's" point of view.   Especially the bloody gory parts. 

He's currently in the middle of talking about the Achaemenid Persian Empire (you may know them as the bad guys from 300) and recently wrapped up a 6 part series on World War I.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

Latest how did this get made is he'll comes to frogtown.

The best part might be Jason saying "Pretty Boy" Ric Flair like five times and finally telling the one guy in the audience trying to correct him that he didn't care.