DVDVR Message Board

THE BEST OF... THE UNITED STATES TITLE

jaedmc

Ohhhh I'm going to check that one out next. I liked their work in 1993, when Lex was the Narcissist. They just kind of fit, for some weird reason.

Also I've cleaned up the first post to include all the nominees and votes placed. I think everything should be in order. Keep voting. Keep watching. FEED. ME. MOAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef0mgU5tUHA

NOMNOMNOM: Magnum T.A. vs. Nikita Kolloff w/ Ivan Kolloff 8/23/86

This is match seven in the best of seven and it immediately starts to feel like the final game in the World Series with the amount of electricity in the air.  David Crockett is commentating with Tony today and ... impartial he is not but the guy can get over emotion.  You get the feeling he is alongside you routing for Magnum to pull this out after coming back from a 3-0 start to the series.  He is representative of the average fan here and isn't as annoying as you might think because he comes off pretty sincere.  Hopefully he didn't do this for every match since that would be total overkill.

Magnum is serious business here kids.  He does not look like he is there to sign autographs which is totally appropriate.  Nikita is actually more animated and appears looser here as he cracks his muscles and limbers up.  

Magnum goes off a cover and gets pulled off by Ivan from the outside.  He does not take it well.  Magnum removes Ivan from the equation with a piledriver on the concrete which is like using a nuclear warhead because someone cut you off in traffic.  But he's a dirty commie and to hell with him.

So here comes the Ax (not really) and here comes the Krusher (Barry Darsow as a Russian Sympathizer) to check on his comrade adn draw the referee over.  Magnum would probably have wanted to hit him with a Canadian Destroyer from the top rope to the floor but Tommy Young was in the way.  This allows Nikita to get the Russian chain and come off the middle rope before running Magnum over with it.  It looks like he was planning to come right off the middle with it and Magnum was out of position but Nikita made it work just fine by being pretty organic about it.  You get a nice visual of the chain slowly falling out of the ring as the referee counts to three.

"The Russian Nightmare has come true." 

Nikita puts in a good performance here as the Foreign Superman with giving Magnum a lot of spots that stun him but don't stop him.  

SIDE NOTE:  Hysterical that Barry was outed as an American born guy working with the Russians when one of the 'real Russians' is from Minnesota.  Its like finding out Renee Dupree was from Macon, Georgia.