DVDVR Message Board

24...getting a few episodes coming in May

misanthrope304

I think it speaks to how unstable Jack was towards the end of Season 8.

He is a man that is very much broken due to his own curse.

His greatest strength is also his tragic flaw (basic storytelling): his sense of duty and loyalty to both his country and those he cares about.

IMO, Jack killing Dana Walsh was worse. Unlike Margot, she wasn't being smug or agressive. She was being passive and on the verge of begging for her life...and he still executed her. That was genuinely messed up, even by 24 standards.

I'd say that after all the shit that Nina Myers put him through, expecting Jack to think calmly and rationally when it comes to female traitors is a bit much. Plus, didn't Renee get sniped shortly before that? I was kinda shocked he actually let her speak before killing her.

Jack is quite the monster in his own way. And likely insane by now. Excuting people, who could still potentially give information, for no reason other than spite is pretty hideous. (I'll cut him some slack on killing Nina because she did murder his wife.)

He just gets a pass on it because the guys he's up against are worse.

yeah...see this is why i wish i had watched the entire series again before this season. i recognized the name and face but otherwise had no recollection of him. what probably wouldve been a holy shit moment fell kind of flat

I lol'ed when Ben Bratt's character said "we both know they won't let you hurt me."  Invitation to an ass beating.

Cheung reappearing was unexpected.

I'm kinda curious to see how they wind this down.  Hopefully, no cliffhanger.  I'll be pissed if the Russians get their hands on Jack and haul him off for torture (they already went down that road once with a season finale, so probably not).

Man the final two episodes are going to be insane. If this were a regular 24 season, we'd all be complaining about how frigging slow the reveals are going.

Now its bam bam bam.

Are they going to do another season and leave us with a cliffhanger in two weeks? Or are they going to resolve everything by then?

I'd say this is easily my favorite season - contingent on no wacky cliffhanger next week and Jack beating Cheung up and down the street before he flings him out a window or somesuch.

Tate Donovan managing to survive the hour was unexpected.

Movie pitch: Jack Bauer kidnaps Liam Neeson's daughter thinking she's a terrorist. Neeson has to get her back.

When all is said and done, Earth is an empty wasteland and 90% of it is utterly destroyed.

I am glad that the proposed 24 movie never got off of the ground.  This plot is headed for rarefied air and I am happing we're watching it in the traditional format.

They sure managend to squeeze a load of action into that episode. I feel like I need to rewatch the last season cause I don't remember exactly what the Russians are so pissed about.

That had to be a tough van ride after Chloe wacked those Chinese dudes with a pipe and jumped out of the van.

This season has been shockingly good. I'm so pleased with it. I really thought I might enjoy the first episode or two (and/or the first time Jack Bauer yelled 'WHERE IS THE DEVICE' and 'DAMMIT, CHLOE') just for nostalgia factors, but I've been really engrossed with just about every episode. Kudos to all involved.

• Like 1

They sure managend to squeeze a load of action into that episode. I feel like I need to rewatch the last season cause I don't remember exactly what the Russians are so pissed about.

Jack killed the Russian Foreign Minister due to his involvement in a conspiracy that killed Renee Walker.

Yeah, aside from emo grunge Chloe, I've loved this season.  And I didn't pay much attention to the show before, so it's not a nostalgia thing with me.

Kinda hoping that Chloe got bumped on the head when she jumped out of the van, has partial amnesia, and thinks it's five years ago.  Then she finds a bathroom, showers and washes her makeup off.

I may be a bad person.  In my defense, her raccoon eye makeup is really distracting.

Yeah, aside from emo grunge Chloe, I've loved this season.  And I didn't pay much attention to the show before, so it's not a nostalgia thing with me.

Kinda hoping that Chloe got bumped on the head when she jumped out of the van, has partial amnesia, and thinks it's five years ago.  Then she finds a bathroom, showers and washes her makeup off.

I may be a bad person.  In my defense, her raccoon eye makeup is really distracting.

I secretly pray if there is another season, Rooney Mara and Noomi Rapace have cameos and are dressed as normal people.