DVDVR Message Board

24...getting a few episodes coming in May

misanthrope304

I kinda thought they were gonna kill Heller. I wasn't shocked when it happened. I was sad though because I thought Heller was a good character. I was also surprised he didn't get the silent clock. Maybe the missile missed?!

I don't think this was anywhere near as shocking as when they killed Palmer.

Maybe that's what it was for me more than surprise or shock. I liked the Heller character a lot.

And I agree. . .nowhere near as shocking as the David Palmer thing. This whole episode led up to Heller taking the missile. Palmer was tying his tie two minutes into the first episode of a new season and HOLY SHIT.

It had promise early on but now, it really makes no sense for Chloe to turn heel in this stage of the game with Wincott being traitorous.

I cannot wait for Jack to peel Ian's cap back.   What a fucking weasel. I am more looking forward to him getting shot in the throat than I am Lady Stark Al-Hadrazi eventual violent demise.

Am I hallucinating or did the producers say they thought the format could continue forward even without Jack? With this weeks being the lowest rated 24 episode of all time I'm not sure they'll get the chance to test that theory. I hope it lives on. I think it does well enough in the key demographics that it has a chance for another season. Jacks story can't end in fucking England.

Am I hallucinating or did the producers say they thought the format could continue forward even without Jack? With this weeks being the lowest rated 24 episode of all time I'm not sure they'll get the chance to test that theory. I hope it lives on. I think it does well enough in the key demographics that it has a chance for another season. Jacks story can't end in fucking England.

Nope, they said that.  I can kinda see them positioning Kate to be a female Jack.  And Yvonne Strahovski is probably a name studio execs think could carry a show.  But, yeah, it will be a tough sell without Jack.

They had to expect lower ratings, didn't they?  From scheduling, if nothing else.  What shows in the summer pull the numbers they would pull in fall?

Oh season six, you were such an unmitigated disaster.

I think the producers said the show could live on without Jack as a way to build suspense in moments where Jack is 'in danger'. I think the consensus among viewers is that since Jack is the lead character and really, the main reason people watch the show, he'll never be killed. By the producers saying the show can/would continue without him, it's designed to create at least some doubt when Jack's in a sticky situation.

I've kinda wondered if this season wouldn't end with his death.  It would make some sense since no one thinks he's going to ever die on this show, an, if this is the end of the franchise, you really aren't harming the show any.  But then Heller granted Jack a pardon, so he's got a way to go home for his happy ending.

Then again, that could be a SWERVE.

Oh season six, you were such an unmitigated disaster.

I think the producers said the show could live on without Jack as a way to build suspense in moments where Jack is 'in danger'. I think the consensus among viewers is that since Jack is the lead character and really, the main reason people watch the show, he'll never be killed. By the producers saying the show can/would continue without him, it's designed to create at least some doubt when Jack's in a sticky situation.

Season Six was rough, but I did really like that final scene with Jack and Heller.

With this sort of being the ninth season, I wonder if this season's end will continue the every third season tradition of Jack getting all teary eyed in the final moments.

SON OF A BITCH~!  ADRIAN CROSS, YOU MOTHER FUCKER~!

So, Jack doesn't use guns anymore.  He just pitches people out of fifth floor windows now.

And Jesus.  Islamic fundamentalist terrorists have the weapon accuracy of Imperial stormtropers on this show.  They can't hit a target for shit, stationary or moving. 

Damn, these Tully girls have some shit luck with windows, yo!

Catelyn's proxy streak of dead male children is now 2-1.

Of course, the one that is still alive is a cripple so shit luck indeed.

It's weird to go back and watch season 1 one of 24, where Jack is a relatively normal, albeit very skilled, guy. He also had, like, prinicples and stuff.

Then he turned into Chuck Norris and became scarily obsessed with torturing people and/or throwing handcuffed, defenseless women out of windows.

People like us sleep well at night because people like Jack toss terrorists out of windows.

Was she defenless? Yeah.

Was she innocent?  Nah.

Some parts of me lament the blatant spitting on the Constitution and the view that Due Process and Rule of Law are nuisances at best and obstructions to True Justice at worst, while the other parts of me are pretty happy that the Al-Hadrazi clan has reached room temperature.

I think we as Americans are still having the At What Cost conversation with ourselves.  Reminds me of the discussions I had with co-workrs about the Boston Marathon bombings with the city becoming a police state overnight all for the sake of catching two men.

IMO, Jack killing Dana Walsh was worse. Unlike Margot, she wasn't being smug or agressive. She was being passive and on the verge of begging for her life...and he still executed her. That was genuinely messed up, even by 24 standards.

I'm so sold on this season and hopefully more. I realize this isn't an Emmy awarding winning show but it's one of the most enjoyable shows. It reminds me of Sons of Anarchy, I could pick it apart but fuck it I love it.

I guess they swerved me with Heller living. In the missle drama I kind of forgot Chloe trying to hack into the drone at the same time. That was cool I guess.

Those terrorists were Cobra level bad shots. I thought for sure the black guy was gonna get it when the bullets started flying. Hollywood has conditioned me to always fear for the black supporting actor.

Did not like Jack throwing Margo out the window at first but I guess he just knows even if she has useful intel she ain't talking.

Feel good moment of the year when the missle missed the train station and Audrey knowingly said "He did it." Fucking Jack not only saves the day but maybe steals back Audrey.

Benjamin Bratt is so dead.

I wonder if Jack will take any heat from the government for saying he had captured Margot and then just threw her out a window.

If anyone asks, Jack can just muttler "timey wimey" and forget about it.  Works on Dr. Who

Nah. She threw herself out the window is a logical line. Not to mention the Presidential pardon he has for anything he does around this. His just knocking anyone out who gets in his way is cracking me up. Pardon bitches.

The Al-Hadrazi's used drones to launch missiles at a hospital and almost succeeded in assassinating the President. 

No one in Washington is really going to give a shit about the circumsances of their deaths.  Margot is lucky she's not alive to be beaten with a rubber hose in some black site prison the CIA runs in Central America.