DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

Canada wearing black while the Austrians wear red and white is very confusing. American college basketball teams wear all-black unis but that's due to Nike paying them to show "attitude" or some such douchebaggery. I had no idea Canada embraced the gangsta culture.

Anyway, Canada looks to have shaken off their lethargy from yesterday. Hopefully the tune-up games against MAC schools are done and they play some real competition in the next couple games.

I am not sure why people are constantly comparing the Miracle on Ice in the pre-game.  Given that only a small handful of the players were actually alive in 1980 I can't imagine there is that much bad blood.   I guess the Russians have great memories

watching Ovi playing for the Russians and the coach of the Penguins for the USA makes strange bedfellows for a Caps fan :wacko:

Finnish TV says Barkov is out of the tournament. Finland is just really screwed at forward. To be honest I would rather they weren't. Canada needs to be tested in the group stage before losses become fatal.

Russia/USA has been what you'd expect so far. Russians all fired up, USA survives 0-0 in a "good road period".

Who hasn't thought of giving a Nikita sized Russian Sickle to Dustin Brown?

Also, it's too fucking early.

Also... BY GAWD. NIKITA'S PICKING UP THE CORPSE OF DAVID CROCKETT AND JUST HIT HIM WITH THE SICKLE AGAIN!

Bullshiiiiiit!

• Like 1