DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

St. Louis Blues defensive pairing gets caught with their pants down, and Latvia scores.

Babcock's personnel decisions all tournament long have pissed me off. Marty St. Louis can't get any playing time, meanwhile Kunitz has stunk in the first three games, PK Subban is perma benched, even though he played good the one time he was in there.

, the USA is giving up chances to Petr Nedved and Ladislav Smid (lol),.

Welcome to the Dan Bylsma Experience. Coach Disco's system is great if you love up tempo offensive hockey but not so great if you like tight defense or play goalie.

That's why, and believe me I'm no Marc-Andre Fleury fan, but sometimes you gotta give the guy a break when he's playing in a system that frequently hangs the goalie out to dry.

St. Louis Blues defensive pairing gets caught with their pants down, and Latvia scores.

Babcock's personnel decisions all tournament long have pissed me off. Marty St. Louis can't get any playing time, meanwhile Kunitz has stunk in the first three games, PK Subban is perma benched, even though he played good the one time he was in there.

But the Blues never do anything wrong! That's why they're such a successful franchise!

I dunno, I'm not really worried yet about them losing. This Latvian kid has made some great saves, but they're gonna put 60 on him. Latvia plays a really cool game though, I'm a fan.

Bad news sabremike, Tavares taken hard into the boards, knee to knee. Down for quite awhile, but made it to the dressing room on his own.

C'mon, Kunitz..how could you let that club team guy catch you from behind?

Latvia's defensive strategy is hilarious. Against what you would assume is an All-Star team with no real weak links, their plan to deal with Sid is evidently send two guys(?!) to mug him while the others chase the puck.