DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

With that Korean time difference, they can start the Canada games first every day, and we can watch before going to bed.

Bars in Winnipeg will be open at 5 am on Sunday for the gold medal game. In related news, I will not stop drinking after visiting the Festival du Voyageur on Saturday night...

OK. I'm still pissed that I have 10 games of what are now pure shit that I paid for.

And the only good thing that came out of these Olympics was that Kevin Dineen (who along with Ron Francis was my hero growing up) was the coach of the Canadian women's team. Congrats to him!

I was trying to think how mad I'd be if one of the Jets got hurt, then I remembered that Trouba and Schiefele didn't make it, so I'd probably be pretty cool with it.

I'd glady sacrifice Olli Jokinen's knee (both of them! and other parts too!) to get Tavares back on the ice, if it makes Mike feel any better.

• Like 3

Some in Sweden aren't even waiting to lose before they make excuses, Forsberg calling the game having Canadian referees (instead of those great, great KHL officials) a "fucking joke".

I mean... if anyone would know about joke refereeing it should be Forsberg, since he spent as much time laying on the ice as actually playing some nights.

• Like 1

Some in Sweden aren't even waiting to lose before they make excuses, Forsberg calling the game having Canadian referees (instead of those great, great KHL officials) a "fucking joke".

I mean... if anyone would know about joke refereeing it should be Forsberg, since he spent as much time laying on the ice as actually playing some nights.

You're right Canadian referees refereeing a Canada is definitely legit.

If we can't use Canadian and American referees to do international tournaments because some other country might be butthurt, then maybe international hockey dying isn't such a bad idea after all.

I mean, as long as we also don't use refs from Russia, Sweden, Finland, the Czech Republic, or Slovakia, I'm fine with it. Let some traffic cop from Germany do it.

Foppa's right, this is a joke. I can't believe you're trying to defend this DFA. It's not like they'd be inviting the women refs that officiated the women's gold medal game. There must be three referees from outside Canada who can call this game.