DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

I could use this as a chance to talk about how the US offense sucked, but honestly, I think people need to point out that the Canadian defense just looks dominant right now. For all Montreal fans that were whining about Subban playing, I would have much rather face a lineup with him in it, then the one the Canadians threw today.

Better team one. Hard to see Sweden finding a way to stop them, though Canada really is running into a great/hot goalie every game, and it just hasn't mattered.

And in other news, Charles Wang has announced that all the money that the IOC and Canada give him as compensation for losing Tavares will be given to the loyal season ticket holders like myself. Nah, just kidding, I'm fucked! I'm going to call my rep and suggest that they have Johnny Hockey do a meet and greet at all the remaining home games as a way of doing something nice for people who bought tickets. The only winners in this whole thing have been my poor Sabres, because if Isles finish in the lottery they keep their pick this year and give us their pick for 2015 regardless of what happens in 14-15. Of course, that's supposed to be among the deepest drafts in history.

NHL owners giving up the couple hundred million in free publicity the Olympics gives them because no one is paying *them* would be the single most NHL thing ever.

Will never agree that the involvement in the Olympics and the advertising that goes along with it helps the NHL one bit.  But the players like it the fans seem to get excited.  If they could put a tournament together as good as the old Canada Cups were they would be a good replacement for the Olympics.

Why are they showing the reaction in Calgary? Who cares? Did any Flame even make the Olympics? Even Blake Wheeler got a minute of ice time.

This is where the power lies, hoss.

The scary thing is, if provincial economies keep trending the way they do, it might be Saskatchewan soon. That is a terrifying thought.

NHL owners giving up the couple hundred million in free publicity the Olympics gives them because no one is paying *them* would be the single most NHL thing ever.

Will never agree that the involvement in the Olympics and the advertising that goes along with it helps the NHL one bit.  But the players like it the fans seem to get excited.  If they could put a tournament together as good as the old Canada Cups were they would be a good replacement for the Olympics.

I'm fine with them skipping Korea because of the ridiculous time difference, but there's really no reason to not go if the Games are in North America or Europe.