DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

I actually feel pretty bad for the US, that was their game. They were clearly bigger and faster and won almost every battle for the puck, but Canada's goalie stood on her head.

Not calling a penalty shot was bullshit, but so was that even-up slashing call on the American. Terrible reffing in OT.

And 2 weak calls lead to a gold for the Canadians. Blah.

You're an embarrassment.

Please please show us the contact on the breakaway that led to her falling down. We got 5 replays of it here, and there was NO WAY that was a penalty. That's a dive.

And if you are trying to defend that slash call, then your just crazy. That was a pure 100% uncut make up call, on something that is purely in the "Refs No Wanting to Decide the Game" column. The Canadians did what they had to do to win, but both of these calls were very iffy leading to a PP goal.

Should have won in regulation, just sucks that it ended that way.

If you honestly believe that, give up watching sports. You're not smart enough to use a television.

The penalty was called a Cross Check. Please, tell me how it is a cross check, when her stick is at her side. I'll wait for you to actually give a reason other then calling me stupid.

It shouldn't have been a cross-check, the ref called it a cross-check to cover her ass so that she wouldn't have to give a penalty shot in OT.

If you honestly believe that, give up watching sports. You're not smart enough to use a television.

The penalty was called a Cross Check. Please, tell me how it is a cross check, when her stick is at her side. I'll wait for you to actually give a reason other then calling me stupid.

It shouldn't have been a cross-check, the ref called it a cross-check to cover her ass so that she wouldn't have to give a penalty shot in OT.

Then what should it have been called? It wasn't a body check because she barely touched her, it wasn't a trip because her legs nor her stick were anywhere near her legs, which also eliminates a hook. It sure as hell wasn't interference. Tell me, what is the correct call there that says that is a penalty?

Then what should it have been called? It wasn't a body check because she barely touched her, it wasn't a trip because her legs nor her stick were anywhere near her legs, which also eliminates a hook. It sure as hell wasn't interference. Tell me, what is the correct call there that says that is a penalty?

I think this might be an argument that's never going to cross partisan lines, but when she couldn't catch up to Wickenheiser, she dove forward and drove her shoulder into her hip, knocking her off balance from behind.

You can't blame the refs when you blow a 2-0 lead with under 3 minutes to go. 

For whatever it's worth, I do blame the team for not winning the game in regulation: That was a choke job. I just think the OT period was damn good hockey, and the US rebounded well, and it's a shame the refs affected the game so much.

I mean, reguardless of the breakaway trip/dive argument, I'm not sure any one sane could defend the slash call, right?

So, the US takes the next three World Championships then? That seems like how she goes these days. The Canadian Women's team is like the mirror image of Canadian male figure skaters, who dominate the World's, but always come up short in the Olympics.

Using twitter search managed to find 14 Americans that thought it was also a dive. Three of them called Wickenheiser a "dyke", one of them has a profile that reads "as long as I have a face she has a place to sit", and one of them is a shit stirring fake Bettman account, and not even the good one from Ottawa.

Pretty good company. Maybe I'll dig around 4chan for some support of this theory next.

Using twitter search managed to find 14 Americans that thought it was also a dive. Three of them called Wickenheiser a "dyke", one of them has a profile that reads "as long as I have a face she has a place to sit", and one of them is a shit stirring fake Bettman account, and not even the good one from Ottawa.

Pretty good company. Maybe I'll dig around 4chan for some support of this theory next.

Wow, you really are a dick.