DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

No idea if this has been mentioned on the broadcast, but apparently Yzerman actually drafted that Latvian goalie last year.  Fifth round, I think.

On CBC they definitely have, just gives them more excuses to cut to the pensive Team Canada executives box.

No idea if this has been mentioned on the broadcast, but apparently Yzerman actually drafted that Latvian goalie last year.  Fifth round, I think.

The TSN Radio broadcast mentioned he almost made the Lightning roster this year.

So, expectations for the US/Canada game...

Backes-Brown-Callahan, which did a really good job against the Jagr line today, will be matched up with Crosby and whoever. Crosby has never scored a goal against the Blues. Backes is the main reason why. The US having the 2 seed and, thus, last chance, could be a very key factor.

If the US get beat, I got 5 bucks says it's because the Orpik-Martin pairing is abused. They the Ryans and Kirk-Fowler have been strong, but that's our hole. Martin was not very good today imo.

Oh no, the Isles season is ov... *looks at standings* Yeah, It's already over at this point.

Oh, and I've heard a rumor that Ted Nolan will be fired and replaced by Sabretooth. Of course this will have nothing to do with the Sabres wanting to be terrible for the next few years to get the top pick in the next few drafts (and yes, I know how well that worked for the Oilers).

It's pretty clear that the perceived gap between Canada/USA and the rest of the world hasn't closed because Canada/US haven't peaked yet.  Everyone else probably is getting better but so are we. 

Several Olympics ago, women's hockey looked funny on the big ice because they were slow and couldn't shoot all that well.  Now it looks like any other hockey game.

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES