DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

Did anything ever come from the NHL supposedly telling the IOC they would pull players if anything happens during Sochi?

I sincerely doubt the NHL players will be the only ones looking for planes out of the country if Chechen rebels start messing around. They just happen to be the ones the media here cares about enough to ask.

So Gallagher is diving around with 30 seconds left in the Winnipeg zone thus preventing his own team from re-entering the zone to tie the game...

Briere has a loose puck right in front of him with seconds left but chooses to dive on the goalie instead...

And Habs fans seriously can't understand why they are playing terrible? This is a team that relies on creative offense and instead they're not doing any of that choosing instead to try to play tough which they aren't capable of. It's exactly why they lost to Ottawa in the playoffs last year.

If he can just play limited minutes for Canada and stand around on the PP to smash one timers, it will be awesome.

Ehhh... As a Lightning fan, I'm not too happy.  If he comes back right now when he's not 100% healthy and gets injured again then he could easily be ruining his career.  I understand that he wants to win a gold medal for his home country and all that but the Lightning treat Stamkos as the present and future of the franchise and without him the team is not in a good place.  

Plus, Team Canada doesn't even need him to win gold in Sochi.  You'd think Steve Yzerman (GM of the Lightning and Team Canada) would realize this and tell him to stay home but nope.

I want a road trip story for sabremike's trip to Mexico. :)

I want a road trip story for sabremike's trip to Mexico. :)

I brought back a velvet portrait of John Scott (apparently he's huge in Mexico, who knew?). And it's also a little known fact that the Sabres are incredibly big in Japan as well, owing to the fact that they were the first team to ever draft a Japanese player (Google it).