DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY ANIMATED GIFS

RIPPA

I fully expect the no-dangerous-moves guys to come shit on Sasuke now.

That isn't even in the same universe as the "double plunger atomic avalanche style deathdriver to the floor" that started that discussion.

I don't generally mark out for moves, but when I do, it is springboard shooting star presses to the floor.  The wrestlers having to take their eyes off the ground/the opponent while trying to do an accurate backwards flip generally makes them miss their mark, as Mistico shows since he over-shoots his opponent and the mats and lands chest/face first on the floor.  Eh, he was fine.  Absolutely no idea how, but he was fine.

Z1lKza0.gif

I don't generally mark out for moves, but when I do, it is springboard shooting star presses to the floor.  The wrestlers having to take their eyes off the ground/the opponent while trying to do an accurate backwards flip generally makes them miss their mark, as Mistico shows since he over-shoots his opponent and the mats and lands chest/face first on the floor.  Eh, he was fine.  Absolutely no idea how, but he was fine.

Z1lKza0.gif

Oh, yeah, the old Shooting Star Press to the outside. That always works out fine.

25s6e_zps264c6e51.gif

I'm trying to figure out that top one.  I'm guessing Otunga is doing the pull out their leg while their standing on the rope spot on one of the Usos but instead of taking a back bump they hit the back of their head on the buckle?

I'm trying to figure out that top one.  I'm guessing Otunga is doing the pull out their leg while their standing on the rope spot on one of the Usos but instead of taking a back bump they hit the back of their head on the buckle?

It appears to be Darren Young, not Otunga, but yeah, otherwise sounds right.

Fairly sure it was a Triple Crown match, like 02/03.

Yeah, I think so, I watched it not too long ago.  Tenryu was always one of those guys I just didn't get, but I started on the best of Japan list from the Puro folder and he is all types of fun to watch.  That was one of the more fun matches of his I watched.

Tenryu is the absolute best. It is amazing how much charisma you can get just from having the world's sleepiest, grumpiest face.

I am not a puro expert by any stretch, but I have probably gotten more joy from watching Tenryu matches than pretty much anyone I can think of in wrestling.

Tenryu is the absolute best. It is amazing how much charisma you can get just from having the world's sleepiest, grumpiest face.

I am not a puro expert by any stretch, but I have probably gotten more joy from watching Tenryu matches than pretty much anyone I can think of in wrestling.

He just seems like the crankiest old guy who will kick your ass if you step on his lawn.