DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

A lot of wrestlers hold the opinion "You've never stepped in the ring, so you can't judge a worker/match/promotion"

Those guys are awesome.  I give them ***1/2!

And this post just got ****. FUCKING WORKRATE!

• Like 1

I had the best worst idea watch a Raw Tuesday - Reigns/Taker at WM31, Reigns wins, only to be swarmed by Druids and carried off. He appears the next night on Raw as the new Undertaker, revealing it to be a spirit that chooses its host.

Taker entering the HOF would be the reason it decided to move on.

I swear I had this EXACT thought during Raw a couple of weeks back.

This is an amazing idea.  The Undertaker as a pro wrestling Dr. Who.  Vince should slap a copyright on that yesterday.

• Like 1

Which Daniel Bryan couldn't do

Just a bunch of okay matches with Orton

Have to disagree with you. Two great matches with Randy Orton on RAW, the Street Fight from 24th June 2013 and 3rd February 2014. Two of the most underrated matches last year at Night of Champions 2013 and the 16th December RAW as well.

• Like 1

I had the best worst idea watch a Raw Tuesday - Reigns/Taker at WM31, Reigns wins, only to be swarmed by Druids and carried off. He appears the next night on Raw as the new Undertaker, revealing it to be a spirit that chooses its host.

Taker entering the HOF would be the reason it decided to move on.

I swear I had this EXACT thought during Raw a couple of weeks back.

This is an amazing idea.  The Undertaker as a pro wrestling Dr. Who.  Vince should slap a copyright on that yesterday.

DOCTOR Who, ya fuckin' savage.

• Like 1

A lot of wrestlers hold the opinion "You've never stepped in the ring, so you can't judge a worker/match/promotion"

Those guys are awesome. I give them ***1/2!

And this post just got ****. FUCKING WORKRATE!

I don't run a message board, so I'm not qualified to "like" either of these posts ... please understand, guys.

Elimination Chamber PPV predictions?

Does anyone see someone other than Orton winning?

Nope.

The WWE.com staff did predictions on the website and even on an official completely kayfabed website noone chose Christian. Poor guy.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/eliminationchamber/2014/elimination-chamber-2014-predictions-26182874/page-8

• Like 1

I didn't quote the post, but March Madness is 64 individual wrestlers. No tag teams, no managers, just 64 people who have worked matches since last March.

FSW is so shook he doesn't have to bring the Punk hate this March he's trying to pick fights in all the forums now. Now that Punk has been proven to be the skinny-fat whiny bitch FSW always said he was, FSW has lost his way. He's on the same side of arguments as Novacain. He's one step away from trying to troll CFL threads. I feel bad for the man.

• Like 4

Christian in the Elimination Chamber is the second time this year that they randomly insterted him into a multi-man main event. They did the same thing for Money in the Bank.

If they have no plans of making Christian a credible threat, no plans to push him, etc., from a creative standpoint, why exactly does he have that spot? I love watching Christian as much as the next person, but it's not like he's particularly over right now.

It's so inconceivable that they'd have him win that you can't even make the argument of him being a wildcard.

There is talk that Christian will not be renewing his contract once its expires, there is also talk that Del Rio and Mysterio will not be renewing as well. All in time for Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keiths new wrestling project.

Probably because they'd all still lose in the first round.

I don't care what anybody says about Lucha, if Steve Austin doesn't understand it, it doesn't make sense.

Well fuck... I should just close that sub-forum down then. Steve Austin said so.

Sorry both Santos. Sorry Blue Panther. Sorry Eddie.

Okay, I will be that guy.

I don't get lucha.

Like I tried have watching a bunch of it, but I don't get how the matches are constructed or why they would be considered 'good'.

So 3 falls and the first fall it seems the rudos beat the crap out of the faces forever in boring fashion.  Like the faces may not get a single hope spot, unless they come back with one move and lock in a wacky Lucha submission and the fall ends.  Why even bother with all these falls?  It's tedious. 

And every match must contain...

1 to 3 tilt-a-whirl backbreakers

2 to 7 dives to the outside

The heel ripping at the face's mask, tearing it but not getting it off

If its a tag, one guy getting pummeled by 4 guys while his partners lay on the concrete.

A heel referee maybe?  That lets the heels do whatever they want?  While the faces don't do anything about it.   

The referees' average ages are like 67 so they move really slow which is great since 1/2 the pins are off combination roll ups.

Everyone is interchangeable except for their outfits.

• Like 2