DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The TLC channel should snap up the rights to Raw. Pro wrestling is classy programming compared to what else is on that God forsaken channel.

Do you also say "DC Comics" and "ATM Machine"?

TLC is no longer "The Learning Channel" just "TLC" so "the TLC channel" is perfectly acceptable.  I think it's partially owned by Disney/ABC, so it's likely not going to happen in any event.

^ I would immediately think that gravity would pull the opponent's body in the direction that they bend, so unless you got a guy with incredible lower back strength to keep himself straight, it couldn't be done. I'd like to see such myself though.

The Legend of Meng: The Most Terrifying Man in Wrestling History

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/02/19/meng-stories-of-the-scariest-man-in-the-history-of-wrestling/

"If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng is 300 yards away, he's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm going to do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a bitch and have him pissed off at me."

Meng > Everyone

• Like 3

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/02/19/meng-stories-of-the-scariest-man-in-the-history-of-wrestling/

"If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng is 300 yards away, he's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm going to do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a bitch and have him pissed off at me."

Meng > Everyone

If you try to take on Meng, and all you have is a tank, you deserve the maiming you're about to receive. 

• Like 2

HOLY FUCK~!  Mick Foley is going to be at the Richmond Funny Bone on April 10th!

And Big Time Wrestling will be coming to the 804 on March 1st... or so they say... 

There will allegedly be some supershow / fundraiser thingie at Prince George High School featuring Ric Flair, Vader, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms and others but I am waiting for someone to jump out at me and say April Fools! or for me to get the fucking stuxnet or have my bank account hacked if I sign up for e-mail updates.

Big Time Wrestling!!!!!   maybe.....

WWE’s website has a new article up looking at the Elimination Chamber match. Triple H talked about how he created the match:

“I’m the one who invented it. I drew a square cage and put four other squares in the corners, and I said, ‘It’s six guys. Two start and every few minutes, another cage opens and one more guys enters the fight, and everyone fights until there’s one guy left.’ I thought it could be interesting because, if the Superstars involved have issues, then there’s intrigue.”

“In typical WWE form, it was twice as big as I envisioned it and twice as elaborate. We don’t do anything small, so I should have known better. When I stood in it for the first time, I thought, ‘Jeez. Please don’t tell anybody this was my idea!’”

Isn't it a little early for Triple H to start saying shit like this? Or am I being worked?

Considering the wrestlers involved in the Elimination Chamber match at the Elimination Chamber PPV, it could be the best ever Elimination Chamber match. Looking forward to that and The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family.

Shields/Wyatts is gonna resemble a prison riot. I can't wait...

• Like 1

Meng > Everyone

Some guys in wrestling you never hear a bad word about because everyone loves them.  Some guys you never hear a bad word about because people were terrified of them.  I love the fact that Meng seems to strongly be great examples of both. 

Before I got in the business, I was a fan of HWA in Cincinnati when it was developmental for WWE.  Although he wasn't a regular, he was sent 2 or 3 times to do shows.  I distinctly remember one match when he wrestled a local HWA guy by the name of the Human Time Bomb.  A real hard working guy, but not physically imposing, and was never going to advance past local indies.  He worked hard to lose a lot of weight when he started, but he still had a pear shaped kind of body and was pretty short.  One night they put him in the ring with Meng, and even though Meng went over, he made Time Bomb look like a million bucks.  Sold for him, gave him some offense rather than just squash him, and made a match out of it.  And from what I was told later on, it was all his call and he really wanted to help the guy out. 

Just know that a guy who could have laid waste to every human in the building was happy to make a local guy who worked his ass off look good made me a bigger fan than I already was.

• Like 3

"Invent" is a strong word.  I know HHH was one of those pushing to do the WarGames concept and Vince wouldn't go for it, so I wouldn't doubt that he just changed enough of it (War Games minus teams plus pods) to get it okayed.

Bischoff is the one who took credit for it on-air in storyline.

HOLY FUCK~!  Mick Foley is going to be at the Richmond Funny Bone on April 10th!

And Big Time Wrestling will be coming to the 804 on March 1st... or so they say... 

There will allegedly be some supershow / fundraiser thingie at Prince George High School featuring Ric Flair, Vader, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms and others but I am waiting for someone to jump out at me and say April Fools! or for me to get the fucking stuxnet or have my bank account hacked if I sign up for e-mail updates.

Big Time Wrestling!!!!!   maybe.....

That Prince George High School show is legit, all those names (not sure on Helms) will be there for autograph signings but the prices are pretty high and none of the stars are wrestling even the guys who still do on the indies.

Someone tell me who the hell I'm supposed to put in this March Madness thing from TNA. I tried watching videos on Youtube and I almost gave up on the whole thing. Now I'm thinking of filling in their spots with people from Wrestling Is Anal Leakage.

• Like 1