DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Anxiously awaiting Batista's name to be changed to just "Tista"

On the heels of Cesaro losing his first name comes this. (via PWInsider)

WWE appears to be downplaying the "Langston" in WWE Intercontinental champion Big E. His WWE profile has dropped the last name and his new t-shirt emphasizes the "Big E." name.

Apparently Big doesn't actually like the 'Langston' part, so it may be a positive for him.

I need to break the habit of imagining every name being said by Howard Finkel to determine if it's a good name or not.

• Like 1

What's the over/under before the crowds start cheering for Orton again? After a bit of a rocky start, his matches have picked up to last year's level and the fact that he's essentially a fighting babyface champion facing outnumbered odds and going after his challengers one by one each week as punishment from his megalomaniacal bosses leads me to thinking that the night after 'Mania he should be ready to turn.

Honestly, I don't know why they don't just run an extended Orton/Hunter feud? Aside from the WM snoozer (which was a smark crowd burnt out and crawling up its own ass to show how cool they were for rejecting "overpushed" guys), they've always had good matches, and there's a built-in story there that'll can get you pretty far. You can even bring in Flair 

I'd be all-in for an extended Cena/Wyatt grudge feud that goes until the Summer before Cena finally prevails, Hunter/Orton/Batista in a "who evolved the best" feud, and then have Bryan with the belt doing the Bret Hart-fighting champion route. I really think the worst booking device in WWE is the idea that programs have to run two-or-three PPVS in a row.  

I hope that the Network changes that because now we don't have to worry about month-to-month buyrates. I think you can get to SummerSlam with Bryan defending against, like, Kane one month, members of The Shield, maybe Batista, a one-off with Cesaro, Sheamus and I'm running out of credible guys because they've done a terrible job with their roster. But the point remains...

I dunno...they really need to JBL a guy and completely re-package a perenial mid-carder and push him to the main event. Which mid-carder would work?

I mean, I dig the Bad News Barrett gimmick but they could certainly tweak it into a little more of a dangerous thing and I think he'd be quickly credible.

• Like 1