DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I have no idea what the hell just happened, even after reading what Bald Bombshell wrote. I'm so outta touch with the U.S. Indies. Ha Ha! Some of those masks were pretty damn cool though.

I had no idea who most of those heels were.

Also, didn't see the Delorean bit, but they had smoke coming from one of the entrances.

There was also a "we want quack" but he (as himself) did not make an appearance.

But there was a Jervis Cottonbelly sighting!

The heels were:

Dr. Cube (The guy with the cube on his head.)

Sinn Bodhi (AKA Kizarny)

The Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (BdK) - Are$ & Tursas (The dudes in white)

The Devastation Corporation - Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, & Flex Rumblecrunch (The painted dudes) with Sidney Bakabella

GEKIDO - The Shard, DeviANT, Arctic Rescue Ant, Missle Assault Ant, & Orbit Adventure Ant (The masked dudes)

& Jimmy Jacobs with two other guys

I like how The Outlaws saw Brock coming on Raw and decided "let's just fucking run for it." I think that WWE should do a backstage segment of Brock arriving at the building and midcarders running for their lives as he walks in the door. Zach Ryder can make a cameo as the dude who trips and gets eaten.

"Never mind that shit...here comes Mongo!"

• Like 3

The heels were:

Sinn Bodhi (AKA Kizarny)

The Devastation Corporation - Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, & Flex Rumblecrunch (The painted dudes) with Sidney Bakabella

GEKIDO - The Shard, DeviANT, Arctic Rescue Ant, Missle Assault Ant, & Orbit Adventure Ant (The masked dudes)

Where the hell did all those ants come from? Last time I watched Chikara regularly there were 3. Fire, Soldier & Worker.

The heels were:

Sinn Bodhi (AKA Kizarny)

I knew Dr Cube and Sinn Bodhi. I thought that was Tursas (who i remember as a student for the longest time). The guysin suits with the squid/Cthulu masks i had no idea.

Maybe it's because im out of the Chikara loop, but the guys in the trios match seemed like guys in costumes more than guys with wacky gimmicks, something i nevergot with the Colony or the Smash Brothers or even the Envoy/Order.

The heels were:

Sinn Bodhi (AKA Kizarny)

Where the hell did all those ants come from? Last time I watched Chikara regularly there were 3. Fire, Soldier & Worker.

Long CHIKARA backstory ahoy

Worker was pushed into retirement by a Awful Waffle on the floor some 5-6 years back. For a while CHIKARA just had Fire and Soldier until the debut of Green Ant, who actually has been really good since debut. Then the GEKIDO debuted after the BDK were taken out: GEKIDO was a bunch of former CHIKARA students who were trying to "expose the company for what it really is". That consisted of 17 (a reference to how many years Quack had wrestled at the time), The Shard (A former training partner of Jigsaw), and the Swarm: AssailAnt, DeviAnt, and CombatAnt. This continued for some time when Wink Vavasseur, the CHIKARA Directer of Fun debuted his "Chikarametrics" to decide to enter Soldier Ant, DeviAnt and CombatAnt into KOT together as "the strongest Ants". The Colony protested, so Wink put in Fire, Green, and AssailAnt as a team as well.

While Soldier hated being in the Swarm, AssailAnt, over time, actually started to win the trust of Fire and Green. This came to a head on the final show of 2012, when in a 8 man tag, AssailAnt Bit the proverbial bullet, pushing Quack out of the way to eat a Jigsaw Superkick. AssailAnt more or less became an official member of the Colony, though it left Soldier out in the cold. During this run of time, Quack was starting to take out the GEKIDO with no remorse: He took out both 17 and CombatAnt, and until last night, neither had been seen again. Soldier finally was given permission to leave the Swarm, ad Wink gave him his own group: The Colony: Xtreme Force, a joke on how tv show producers always try to make an existing act cooler, and end up failing miserably. The Xtreme Force were cheaters, and Soldier couldn't stand them, which led to Soldier quitting CHIKARA mid show just before the "end of the promotion" So the Colony is presently Fire, Green, and AssailAnt.

Also, both 17 and CombatAnt were there today. Just found that interesting.

The heels were:

Sinn Bodhi (AKA Kizarny)

I knew Dr Cube and Sinn Bodhi. I thought that was Tursas (who i remember as a student for the longest time). The guysin suits with the squid/Cthulu masks i had no idea.

Maybe it's because im out of the Chikara loop, but the guys in the trios match seemed like guys in costumes more than guys with wacky gimmicks, something i nevergot with the Colony or the Smash Brothers or even the Envoy/Order.

They are regulars in Wrestling is Fun. Actually, the Estonian Thunder Frog is pretty fun. And also top 5 for best ring name ever.

That video is awesome.

Was that a big Jimmy Jacobs reveal or was it known previously? If it was the former, it got no reaction

Former, and there was just so much going on, which didn't help. They should have had him reveal just after Sinn and Ares.

Speaking of which, dear god Ares, if that was you, you got huge at some point.

The heels were:

Sinn Bodhi (AKA Kizarny)

Long CHIKARA backstory ahoy

Worker was pushed into retirement by a Awful Waffle on the floor some 5-6 years back. For a while CHIKARA just had Fire and Soldier until the debut of Green Ant, who actually has been really good since debut. Then the GEKIDO debuted after the BDK were taken out: GEKIDO was a bunch of former CHIKARA students who were trying to "expose the company for what it really is". That consisted of 17 (a reference to how many years Quack had wrestled at the time), The Shard (A former training partner of Jigsaw), and the Swarm: AssailAnt, DeviAnt, and CombatAnt. This continued for some time when Wink Vavasseur, the CHIKARA Directer of Fun debuted his "Chikarametrics" to decide to enter Soldier Ant, DeviAnt and CombatAnt into KOT together as "the strongest Ants". The Colony protested, so Wink put in Fire, Green, and AssailAnt as a team as well.

While Soldier hated being in the Swarm, AssailAnt, over time, actually started to win the trust of Fire and Green. This came to a head on the final show of 2012, when in a 8 man tag, AssailAnt Bit the proverbial bullet, pushing Quack out of the way to eat a Jigsaw Superkick. AssailAnt more or less became an official member of the Colony, though it left Soldier out in the cold. During this run of time, Quack was starting to take out the GEKIDO with no remorse: He took out both 17 and CombatAnt, and until last night, neither had been seen again. Soldier finally was given permission to leave the Swarm, ad Wink gave him his own group: The Colony: Xtreme Force, a joke on how tv show producers always try to make an existing act cooler, and end up failing miserably. The Xtreme Force were cheaters, and Soldier couldn't stand them, which led to Soldier quitting CHIKARA mid show just before the "end of the promotion" So the Colony is presently Fire, Green, and AssailAnt.

Also, both 17 and CombatAnt were there today. Just found that interesting.

Loved Worker Ant, especially the Stan Antsen version.

TNA often has wrestlers talk about their financial motivations for doing things, including doing questionable things to win matches and forming alliances to protect their position on the card.

granted, most of the TNA midcard has to work multiple jobs, so they're very used to doing questionable things to get more money

• Like 1

The heels were:

Sinn Bodhi (AKA Kizarny)

I think those guys were "Wrestling Is" guys who started as an offshoot of the Chikara project if I remember correctly.

Edit - El Dragon beat me to it

I think those guys were "Wrestling Is" guys who started as an offshoot of the Chikara project if I remember correctly.

Edit - El Dragon beat me to it

I think Archibald Peck is the Oak character. And Chuck Taylor is the Green guy with the white mustache. Not sure who the other guys are.